What a lovely day today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pauluk

Wasn't sure about the commute this morning. Rain and thunder was forecast and I still had memories of last Thursdays storm and my ride through the floods.

But what a day. Sun came out during the first 2 miles and stayed out all the way to work with little or no wind to speak of. Then on the way home sun came out right on cue. Couldn't have asked for more :sun:

Washed and lubed my bike this afternoon and after fitting a different stem went out for a 10 mile ride to test. A few clouds but mainly sunshine.

Rained as I was putting bike away, but hey, what a lovely day. :smile:

HovR

Über Member
The nice bike came out today! ^_^

Got a good few miles in compared with the last few days. The BBC is predicting a lot more rain ahead of us (at least around here), so I hope everyone made the most of it!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
So used to chilly winds and rain, I went out wearing 2 layers today and regretted it 2 minutes later. I actually came home again and got changed into summer cycling clothes. Let's hope this summer feeling lasts more than a day.

OP
OP
P

Pauluk

Unfortunately from the BBC for tomorrow:
"Heavy and persistent rain spreading to all parts through the morning and becoming breezy with localised torrential downpours bringing a risk of flooding. Becoming drier and brighter for the evening."
:sad:

I thought I was dreaming coming home, mostly tail wind, sun in the sky and dry tarmac,
back to reality tomorrow looks like a real howler again.

Last year I only got rained on 12 times out of 240 days commuting, I have already had 30 in the first 6 months of this year, bloody awful 2012 has been

defy-one

What a day!
4 new tyres for the BMW
12 mile ride to dads on the mountain bike via a shop
All 4 wheels refurbed on the BMW
10 mile speed circuit with the nice bike around my fitness loop.
Now in central london for work :sad:
..... The A40 has the white lane painted and it starts from Hanger Lane gyratory all the way to Marylebone - no way i'm driving!!!!

Guess the Olympics are going to make me a very fit commuter :becool:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1st day all week i have not got wet , off till Monday and yes its given out dreadful weather all weekend :cursing:

BSRU

A Human Being
One problem I had yesterday afternoon while I cycled parallel to the M4 was insects, there were loads of them all at the right/wrong height for a cyclist.

Top Bottom