What a lovely morning for a ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Got in from my nightshift at 5.30 am. It was a glorious morning and i wasn't tired. Bike ride i thought, so quick change, filled up water bottles grabbed my map and off i went. Thought i'd try a different route today, ended up going round some villages/ country lanes i havn't been through in a while and picked some nice hills, ups as well as downs! The first hour that i was out was fantastic, hardly any cars on the road at all. It was so peacefull just the birds having their morning natter. Around 7a.m traffic started building up a bit as people were heading off to work so a quick look at the map and i ducked down some back lanes till i was back home. Ended up doing 28 miles in all. Think i might nip out to the local cafe and treat myself to a fry up, i'm starvin' now!

jay

There's a nice breeze out so I'm toying with the idea of a few miles, but I'm on a recovery day :rolleyes:

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
When i first went out there was a chill in the air still, so i had my windproof jacket on for the first 7 miles, then it started to warm up very quickly
cool.gif
vishenka_34.gif

'What a lovely morning for a ride'
Are you being sarcastic its pi$$ing down here. I got up at 7am to set off to Edinburgh and the club ride this morning but I woosed out, I didn't fancy the 21miles to the start in the drizzle. I thought I'd do the Dunfermline Club ride instead and get an extra hour kip but at 8:30 it was even heavier so I woosed out again :rolleyes:

soulful dog

Veteran
Wet here in Glasgow too.... though I went out this morning for the first time in a week (only because I had to!). It's either been blowing a gale or raining all week long ;)

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
Was a beautiful morning in Bournemouth too... got out at 6:30 and did a quick 16 miler before breakfast (crunchy peanut butter on toast and a large OJ)

Weather looks good for tomorrow too :biggrin:

OP
OP
jayonabike

jayonabike