What a nice day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wow, really nice in Cheshire this morning - slightly chilly, but virtually no wind and a low sun - did 36.2 miles in 1h.52m - an average of 19.3 mph over an undulating circuit.

Loads of cyclists out, and a number of old gents pottering along...

stevenb

It was indeed a great day.
However my legs were shot from yesterday and I really struggled around todays hilly course. Just couldn't climb at all....used 1st gear a few times today Did 35.5 miles in 2 hours 4 mins. ;)
No way could I have done the 100km that I wanted to do.:angry:
But I got out and about so was happy with that.:biggrin:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Yep indeed a very nice day. Legs were sore at the start but after 30 or so miles things got a bit easier (well OK the cake stop helped ;). Was sprinting for the 30 signs at the end of our 60 mile ride.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
alecstilleyedye said:
would have loved to have been out today (yesterday's club run was fab), instead wasted an afternoon trying to get alecetc jrII to learn to ride his bike (see thread in beginners).

I'll have a look at the thread in a mo - But Wasted? Surely it was quality time?

trio25

Über Member
Had a nice 50mile ride round the lanes near leek and the weather was perfect. I wore 3/4 and I wasn't too cold, in fact at one point I had the sleeves off my jacket. perfect cycling weather.

It was brilliant, eh? Had a great ride yesterday around leics and an even better one today around bucks. Sat outside at the caf stops and everything! Enjoyed it all the more because the weather was so unusually nice and definitely made the most of it, and it was great to see so many people out riding. Hi to everyone we saw in Quainton - Oxford CTC and the guys from Cov!

Melvil

fossyant said:
Wow, really nice in Cheshire this morning - slightly chilly, but virtually no wind and a low sun - did 36.2 miles in 1h.52m - an average of 19.3 mph over an undulating circuit.

Loads of cyclists out, and a number of old gents pottering along...

Nice one!

I must confess to being a bit envious as the Edinburgh 'Omnidirectional Wind' was out in force today - a headwind every direction! Still, got 18 miles done before I gave up and went to PC World...

Plax

Guru
I had a nice ride today too. My car has broken so I've borrowed my dad's van in the interim. You can fit the bike in the back no problems. So I took advantage of this to drive to a well know costal cycle track and did a few miles shy of 30. Bit chilly, but I still sat at the beach eating my banana. Loads of people were out, even saw the guy who bought my last bike off ebay!

Hugo15

Über Member
I was lovely here in the North East today, but the overnight frost meant that it was freezing when I set off. The sun and lack of wind made up for it though. 32 miles in the end.

snorri

Legendary Member
I didn't see any cyclists today and only cycled 5 miles as I inspected a cycle farcility. Now my angry letter to the Council (with pics) is composed and I have time to look on here.:biggrin:

Top Bottom