what a ride!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Left work last night at about 2330. The weather forecast said 60mph winds, but I knew from reading earlier threads that that was only at 10 feet above ground and I told my legs so.

They didn't believe me.

Was blown to a complete standstill three times - once on the flat - and got off and walked up one of the hills as the combination of gusts and elevation meant I kept ending up on the wrong side of the road.

Now that was a ride.

Getting changed to go to work now... let's see what today brings! :scratch:

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Same this morning, leant the bike against the wall while i went to shut the gate and it was actually blown back towards me, mad.

hotfuzzrj

Veteran
Me too, I stopped at the shop, propped my bike up on some railings, knelt down to get my lock out of my bag and ended up with a face full of bike!! Cheers wind.

Also I was riding along angling (offside) into the wind, and when the gusts repeatedly let up I ended up cycling into the road... Luckily I cycle on a bus route which at my time of commute is mostly empty. Still rather be cycling where I can stop wherever I like than on Tuesday when I was driving down the A14 being blown about next to big lorries :-(

RoadieT

My cycle to work was interesting and I knew exactley what was in store for me.

Was kept awake all night to the sound of gales and lashing wind hoping it would let up by the morning, no. Had to walk up half the hills with a predominantly head wind all the way in, journey time doubled. The ride home however was fine and tomorrow looks good although a little cold!

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I've been on a C.P.C L.G.V course (what a waste of money) in Leeds today , so I had to take the motorbike, but Jeez did I get blown around on the A1. I'm off work tomorrow, so I plan to get a few cycling miles in to get me ready for Monday when I'm back at work.

Top Bottom