What a shot.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
It doesn't even need a pre-emptive strike.

If one has the intelligence, one can act accordingly. Something as simple as welding the airport gates shut beforehand (which they only did after the bombing) would have saved the lives of 13 odd US serviceman.

One doesn't need to rub someone out to effectively counter them.

Whichever way you look at it, there is either a catastrophic failure to gather intel, or a catastrophic failure to act upon it.
There were warnings in the couple of days before, I remember. Does seem very strange that they weren't intercepted on their way, as it were.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Maybe would could airlift Afghan lorry drivers?
There are plenty British lorry drivers. They're just not willing to do a crap job for peanuts. Improve the T&C's considerably, and I'll be at the front of the queue, complete with valid HGV class 1 licence, CPC, tachograph card, and 10 years previous experience. Until then, the rancid industry can go and do one.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
There are plenty British lorry drivers. They're just not willing to do a crap job for peanuts. Improve the T&C's considerably, and I'll be at the front of the queue, complete with valid HGV class 1 licence, CPC, tachograph card, and 10 years previous experience. Until then, the rancid industry can go and do one.
Which is what the industry has been told*, along with the food processing industry I notice this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58364308

I guess that's that then :laugh: Life's so simple, isn't it!

*i.e. Hire British workers

Brandane

Legendary Member
Which is what the industry has been told*, along with the food processing industry I notice this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58364308

I guess that's that then :laugh: Life's so simple, isn't it!

*i.e. Hire British workers
And good on Mr Kwarteng! Not wanting to derail this thread, as it's all been said over on the 2 threads running on NACA re lorry driver shortage and supply chain... come on over! :okay:

Baldy

Über Member
Seriously, what would you do?

Well if you want to impose western values of law and order onto a people who have no history of such things. You could start with sticking to such values.
Since when has state sponsored murder been acceptable?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
“Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.”

Against an enemy who promote suicide bombing and heavenly rewards for the martyrs. All killing one does is recruit another dozen.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
News coming out from the USA that they launched an "over the horizon" attack with a drone launched from the Middle East. The attack was on the planner of the airport bombing. He was hit while travelling in a car.

That must send a sobering message to ISIS K and the Taliban.

Jannie thinks tha Americans can just type in your registration number and press the button now 😊 Either that, or they are using that tracker, we all got with the second injection. 😁

oops!, be careful who's plates you clone ;)

Top Bottom