What a surprise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srj10

Guru
My commute takes me past a dodgy part of town and last night as I approached the usual crowd of hangers about I braced myself for the usual abuse,jump in front of bike carry on, instead I got a gaun yersel Chris Hoy!! Put a smile on my face.

Stevie Mcluskey

Über Member
Dodgy parts of Greenock yer kidding. I sometimes get the same on the darker nights after overtime with the young guys hanging around the chippie at the bottom of Castlemilk but its usually along the lines of something to do with a fat bloke on a bike :laugh:
You must have been travelling at speed srj10.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Dodgy parts of Greenock yer kidding. I sometimes get the same on the darker nights after overtime with the young guys hanging around the chippie at the bottom of Castlemilk but its usually along the lines of something to do with a fat bloke on a bike :laugh:
You must have been travelling at speed srj10.

Maybe avoid the chippie then mate 2 problems solved :thumbsup:

Just kidding hey it would be no fun if we wernt abused on a daily basis by hoodie wearing hoodlums :gun:

Phill057

Has anyone ever noticed that if the weather is wet it seem to keep the unsavoury elements off the streets. I find this where I live. When it rains it is a model community.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I used to be called a queer at work for the lycra look , now its " here comes bradley "
Things are definetly improving perception wise.
I have found this on the roads too. It has been a few months now since I was last shouted abuse from a passing car.
I still get the odd close pass and SMIDSY though. It has altered peoples perceptions, not their driving styles.

Norm

Small minded w***er ???

No i said mind your anchor :whistle:
I feel that he might have been overcome by the lovely weather (and, maybe, the tinnies on the deck with him) and it was most definitely done in jest as he raised one of his cans when calling out "Oi Oi Bradley"

His fellow crew thought my retort was muchly amusing, there was a loud and almost entirely untuneful rendition of "I'm Popeye The Sailor Man" as I left them. :biggrin:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Lol i feel your pain mate 1 of my cycle routes takes me past a chippie about a mile in to it the smell is hard to pass and finishing the loop going past the Indian i used to frequent quite alot.The smell is just heaven and i can smell it from half a mile away. I have resisted for the last 2 months im just hoping he doesnt go out of business the guilt would scar me for life lol

Teuchter

Über Member
My commute takes me past a dodgy part of town and last night as I approached the usual crowd of hangers about I braced myself for the usual abuse,jump in front of bike carry on, instead I got a gaun yersel Chris Hoy!! Put a smile on my face.
I got called Chris Hoy by a group of hoodies I passed through in Paisley last month as well. Pleasantly surprised me that they knew who he was, even if he looks nothing like a beardie bloke on an old road bike with mudguards and pannier.

Top Bottom