What a week (and a bit)!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
So, just over a week ago a moron deliberately shunted me because I'd held the lane coming up to lights and didn't let him pass.

Then I had a pannier stolen 4 days ago. Lights, gloves waterproof jacket, tools, pump, the lot gone to someone who will have no use for them.

And today I got right hooked on the Yorkshire Grey roundabout, Eltham. No real injury, just a bruised hand where it got crushed between the side of the car that ignored me and the hoods. And a scuff to the brand new, bright yellow winter gloves that I've now had for, what, 2 days! I was lucky in that I managed to get a foot down and regain my balance so that I didn't hit the deck where the double decker bus behind me could have killed me. The shocking thing is that she kept on driving, either pretending that she didn't know she'd hit me or actually being that oblivious. I was so angry when I got to her at the lights I ended up telling her to just get the f*** out of it because otherwise I would have assaulted her.

So, whatever I did to upset the gods, I'm truly sorry. Does anybody else get runs of bad stuff like this?

They say things come in threes so you should be done for now at least!

(That is unless you have two more thefts and one more collision to even things out)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to hear about this Chris. A crappy few days indeed. Just glad to hear that you have not been badly hurt. And you make a good point about the stolen pannier. Why? What is the point of stealing it?

The woman at the lights. She would have been one less wing mirror seeing as she probably doesn't use them.

Sandra6

Veteran
Why is it only bad things that come in threes?!
I want three good things for a change.
I think we all get weeks , months -or even years - like this.(anyone else singing the friends theme tune in their head?!)
Sorry you're having a pants time, hope it gets better pretty darn quick.

Top Bottom