What about a chat room

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I have wondered about a proper chat room on here for ages - would be really fun and give something to do when it's quite and not many threads of interest are being posted. or updated :smile:

The chat box is better than nothing a gentle way to introduce something like this but perhaps one day a full on chat room for CC! :tongue:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Can one of the moderators keep an eye on the chatroom, it's been discovered by sufficient members now for things to start getting nasty.

Or perhaps the chatbox was devised to divert this sort of thing into it, in which case don't keep an eye on it!

thomas

the tank engine
marinyork said:
Can one of the moderators keep an eye on the chatroom, it's been discovered by sufficient members now for things to start getting nasty.

Or perhaps the chatbox was devised to divert this sort of thing into it, in which case don't keep an eye on it!

I reckon you should have MOD access to the chat box...with your 1052 posts :biggrin:...I'll catch you up!!

So far, I've not really seen anything that nasty .

Shaun

Founder
All of the chat posts are recorded so if anyone uses it to abuse others, report them to me via PM and I'll deal with it.

If people can't use it responsibly, then ultimately I can remove it, but I'm sure it won't come to that. ;)

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
thomas said:
So far, I've not really seen anything that nasty .

I've seen behaviour that was fairly similar to thread invasions that have apparently upset people in the past. I don't mind it that much but some of it is very similar to behaviour in locked threads. Whether it is the swearing, just low level bickering or stopping other people taking part, I cannot say. The question is whether the standards should be the same in the chatbox as other bits of the forum such as cafe. That said different bits of this forum have different norms of behaviour and etiquette. If chatbox should be equal to cafe then there may be some problems. If it isn't and it's regarded as either some play pen or way of getting low level posts somewhere else to keep the rest of the forum civil and neater there isn't a problem at all. I don't particularly have a problem, other people certainly might based on locked threads in the past.

I think it should be on the same level in Cafe. I think because it's new, some things may have got under the radar. Looking at the archive, I see exactly what you mean and I would say that behaviour should not be acceptable.

Shaun

Founder
Me and the mods need to be told about it though, so if people think some members are behaving inappropriately, please report it and then we can look into it.

Cheers,
Shaun :hyper:

Top Bottom