What are "push notifications" ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I keep getting messages to say CC wants me to accept them but I don't know what they are and CC haven't bothered to explain

Alex321

Veteran
It means you will get notifications of new posts etc without having the page open.

You probably don't want them.

yello

Should I/shouldn't I ?

Your call. I know that I don't feel the need of it.

Tech is really good at providing answers to questions we didn't know we had (and bringing gains too of course) Ignorance doesn't necessarily mean one is missing out.

stephec

Legendary Member
No - they are really annoying!

If you allow them on various websites you will not get a moment's peace between the incessant pinging of your devices...

Definitely this.

colly

Re member eR
No - they are really annoying!

If you allow them on various websites you will not get a moment's peace between the incessant pinging of your devices...

Turn the pings off. Problem avoided. ^_^ I often turn my mobile tones off completely, I can see who has called and can get them later. (If I want to that is.)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Turn the pings off. Problem avoided. ^_^ I often turn my mobile tones off completely, I can see who has called and can get them later. (If I want to that is.)
I'm not talking about texts and phone calls. I'm talking about incredibly important notifications such as...
  • Someone somewhere got up this morning and made a mug of tea
  • It might rain
  • We got in new stock of cheap plastic widgets
  • They didn't believe it was true.... WELL, IT WAS! (We think.)
  • They stole the election!
  • A woman in Halifax has fallen in love with your photo. For £20 we'll send you her contact details.
  • A gangster in Rochdale hates you. Send us £20 or we'll send him your details.
  • Time for your annual flu jab. Contact the health centre to make an appointment.

You still have to trawl through the list to see which few actually are important!

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm not talking about texts and phone calls. I'm talking about incredibly important notifications such as...
  • It might rain
  • A woman in Halifax has fallen in love with your photo. For £20 we'll send you her contact details.
  • Time for your annual flu jab. Contact the health centre to make an appointment.

You still have to trawl through the list to see which few actually are important!
Did they say why?

colly

Re member eR
  • It might rain

All l can say is you must move in the more sophisticated echelons of society...plastic widgets, women in Halifax, gangsters in Rochdale?
The mind boggles.:wacko:

Top Bottom