What am I?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
  • I ride a cheap hack bike in jeans and trainers
  • I ride a more expensive "proper bike" clipped in and wear a top with the all-important back pocket
  • I'll be sat behind the wheel of my car tomorrow morning

So am I a POB, a Cyclist, a Moton or what? Help please, I'm struggling to define myself here with all these terms.

Do I change into different people depending on what transport I am using at the time?

Norm

Sheffield_Tiger said:
Do I change into different people depending on what transport I am using at the time?
Most likely, yes. :sad:

dondare

Über Member
What do you think you are?
The difference between a POB and a cyclist (if there is a difference) is in the way you ride, not what you ride or what you wear.
Most cyclists can drive but prefer to define themselves as cyclists rather than motorists. A moton is a moron in a motor, not you, I'd hope.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
dondare said:
What do you think you are?
The difference between a POB and a cyclist (if there is a difference) is in the way you ride, not what you ride or what you wear.
Most cyclists can drive but prefer to define themselves as cyclists rather than motorists. A moton is a moron in a motor, not you, I'd hope.

Well said.

I dont consider myself a roadie just because I have drops. I just consider myself a cyclist.

I also think the term "moton" grates with me in the same was "lycra lout".

mcb2080

I have a hybrid for commuting
a road bike for the weekend
a 125 honda s-wing for when I can't be bothered cycling to work
and a honda civic, if the wife lets me drive it.

I am just a considerate road user regardless of what I mode of transport I am on / in.

downfader said:
I dont consider myself a roadie just because I have drops.

I consider myself a roadie until a bloke on a bike that cost more than my yearly disposable income scalps me and then I'm reminded I'm a student on a second hand Halfords road bike which really needs some money spending on it. :ohmy: :B) :biggrin:

But yeah, the difference is the mind set, not the wardrobe. And as my ole' mum used to say, you can be anything you want if you work hard enough.

When you are on a bike, any bike, you are a cyclist. When you are driving a car, you are a driver. All of the time you are a person, no matter how good or bad you drive/cycle.

Simples.:laugh:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
magnatom said:
When you are on a bike, any bike, you are a cyclist. When you are driving a car, you are a driver. All of the time you are a person, no matter how good or bad you drive/cycle.

Simples.:smile:

+1 Yep, that is all there is to it... :laugh:

joemaxi

I`m a bit like that too............

I have a road bike for commuting
I have a MTB for general mucking about
I have a shiny new Mazda 6 Sport which I use if its chucking it down
I drive a truck for a living....

So I`m a cycling moton truck driving in-between kinda guy..........

Confused.com:biggrin:

Top Bottom