What app do you use to play music on your phone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Poweramp, on Android.

24,118 tracks (and counting) on a 512GB micro-SDXC card, in an AAC library converted/copied from the lossless ALAC library on a NAS.

The interface is fairly intuitive and usable, and it handles album art quite well. It plays gapless AAC tracks gaplessly, which is pretty essential (maybe gapless MP3 too, but all the tracks on the card are AAC). Shuffle-all-songs function too.

Yes, would recommend.

Last edited:
I need to look into this. I've been buying music on Google music for some years now but that's now defunct and it's YouTube music which isn't as user friendly.
All I want to do is play the tracks I've bought.

Apple iTunes, now Apple Music I guess. I ripped about 1000 cds almost 18 years ago into iTunes, kept buying albums through iTunes and now it’s all lumped into my Apple Music account. Apple Music works for me, I have it on all my devices, plus I have a family plan so my daughter has access to music I bought decades ago.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I need to look into this. I've been buying music on Google music for some years now but that's now defunct and it's YouTube music which isn't as user friendly.
All I want to do is play the tracks I've bought.
Yup. I'm the same. Google Play was excellent. YouTube music is shite.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I use Spotify and Tidal. Tidal is a bit pricey but the sound is immense and artists do get paid more than the pittance that Spotify pays.

If I hear a new album on any of these streaming services, and I like it, I buy it on vinyl. :okay::music:

The modern equivalent of home taping imo, when you would hear new bands from someone's big brother who taped the album. I discovered early Simple Minds that way.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Bloody hell, I’d forgotten all about that!
245 wasn’t it?

Dial a Disc? :unsure:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I just ring the DVLA or The Tax Office and i get free, albeit terrible jingles for at least 30 minutes...

*EDIT* Wife informs me it isn't free... I guess the jig is up...

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's different yes, but once I got used to it it's no worse than google play. In terms of user interface anyway. But I hated spotify so all down to personal preference I guess
It is much worse then Google. You can't edit your own music, you can't do a search for your own music, you can't display your music as tiles instead having one long list.. All of which you could do with Google Play.

Top Bottom