What April fools posts have you seen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
This one popped up on my Facebook today.

Nibor

Bewildered
At Target Composites, we're able to repair most of the damaged carbon bike frames that are brought to us. There are however the occasions where we deem repair unsafe, or uneconomical. On those sad occasions, we can now offer our new cremation service, so you can see your beloved bike off with the respect it deserves.
To make arrangements, follow the link below:
www.targetcomposites.co.uk/cremation-service

1617270223500.png

"Bike that is 1kg lighter allows rider to move up a cog when riding on the flat"

Come to think of it I'm not sure those bike comic articles were published on April 1st.

We had a real pain in the proverbial, major leak in our kitchen last year, that turned into an 8 month insurance claim and remedial work, all thankfully now resolved.

So, this morning, I'm upstairs in the home office, "pretending" to work, and my lovely wife shouts up "There's another serious leak under the sink!"

As I jump up out of my chair and run down the stairs, all sorts of thoughts are zooming through my little brain, not another mess, not another claim.... Only to be confronted with:

sheddy

Legendary Member
🇳🇱 There are now so many #cargobikes in the Dutch cities of Nijmegen and Groningen that the municipalities there are building networks of cargo bike lanes to help ease congestion.

Want to ride in one with a normal bike? You'll risk a fine of up to €1421.

#DecadeoftheCargoBike

🇳🇱 There are now so many #cargobikes in the Dutch cities of Nijmegen and Groningen that the municipalities there are building networks of cargo bike lanes to help ease congestion.
Don't joke about this! Some people get very excited about cargobikes, you wouldn't want to disappoint them.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
Just read this one about an electronic thru axle with ant+ and Bluetooth, which made me chuckle:

https://bikepacking.com/news/robert-axle-project-erap/

"We’ve all been there. Lining up a thru-axle is a struggle, dialing in the correct torque is a guessing game, and riding without live torque metrics displayed on your Garmin device is pretty much as dangerous as it gets. Robert Axle Project’s new eRap addresses these issues, and much more, as the world’s first wireless electronic thru-axle, and we couldn’t be more excited."

Last edited:
Road CC website have (had a few)
Rubber shorts that took 50% off your PBs
Facemasks compulsary for all cyclists
Etc.....

Bum-W used to have a sense of fun, &created all sorts over the years
Some have actually come to real-world fruitions, such as; rain sensing wipers

The really unbelievable one was that their cars had indicators that worked.................

Top Bottom