What are my rights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
This is dependent on whether the wheel is still under warranty or not. If it is still under warranty then you are right. If it isn't then you are wrong.
To help understand this clearly, imagine you bought a car from a dealer. 20 years later you still have the car but the dealer is no longer able to supply spares because the manufacturer no longer supports the model. Would you be entitled to a refund on your purchase? Of course not. And that is exactly the legal position here if the wheel is out of warranty

I don't believe this is correct, but it is a very common misconception.

UK SOGA (see page 11 here) and EU regulations specifically allow consumers to claim against sellers for up to 6 years irrespective of warranty period. It is of course a different matter whether i) the OP finds it worthwhile to claim, or ii) bearings are actually readily available simply because the shop is staffed by numpties, but legally, I would expect a judge at a small claims court is most unlikely to deny the OP justice by telling him it is reasonable for his wheels, given that they are not exactly plastic toys designed and understood by everybody to last 6 months, to become oversized paperweight because bearings are not available 1 year and X days after purchase.

Given American Classic is MOST unlikely to have made their own bearings or even modified them, the reality, as I indicated above, is that it is a near certainty that compatible bearings are actually readily available.

Top Bottom