What are Ribble like these days?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jpembroke

This could be a can of worms but what are Ribble like in terms of reliability these days? I haven't ordered anything from them since the great Scandium frame crisis of 2003.

But those prices....

...seriously tempting!

Or should I stick with Wiggle, CRC, and Merlin even if it means paying more?

buddha

Veteran
I've had loads of problems with them in the past. Vowed never to use them again.
But recently I gave in, and ordered some components (obviously due to the price) and everything was as smooth as wiggle/CRC. Things seem to have improved since their recent website update IMO.

I should add, that if your looking for a winter framed bike the paint job, whilst nice is very easy to chip. I have a number of white chip marks on mine. :wacko:

MartinC

Über Member
I end up getting lots of stuff from Ribble - good stock and prices. Most of the time it's OK, occasionally there are problems and my experience is that their attitude to customer service isn't great. Never had a serious problem though and they don't have to build the wheels just deliver them.

iLB

Hello there
no issues for me, and i've just placed another order this afternoon, no more spending money on bike parts for me now though- at least until the end of february :sad:

on the road

Über Member
I placed an order with Ribble on Monday and opted for free delivery, got an email from them yesterday saying that my order has been despatched and will take 2 to 3 days to arrive, got a package this morning from Ribble via Parcel Force with all the components I had ordered.

How's that for service? I don't work for them by the way :sad:

martynrg

No issues for me. I've used Ribble for most of the parts/clothing i've bought.

I was actually at the Ribble warehouse on Saturday checking out a few frames, and the lad behind the counter was very helpful.

dubhghall

I placed an order with them this morning. Couldn't see where the £10 discount voucher code and continued through check-out until the order went through. Phoned them immediately and the chap told me to email. Emailed straight away, got a reply back this afternoon saying it was too late, the order had been dispatched. Not impressed :becool:

briank

I work near their now-closed shop and have bought loads of stuff from there and by email over the years though I always got the sense that at least some of the shop staff knew their stuff whereas the online service was a bit more hit and miss. Two weeks ago I sent back a set of Electron lights which didn't charge correctly. This was after several emails on the topic produced no response. However I phoned them and was advised to send them lights back with a covering letter. Posted them off and heard nothing for two weeks: phoned today and was told they'd been sent back to the manufacturer - another 10 - 14 days delay.
At least the person I spoke to could find me on their computer system,was polite and helpful and so I'm waiting to see...
(By the way the lights were the Electron twin-8 Leds. Don't buy them. Apparently Ribble have had several sets sent back with a similar problem to mine.)

Top Bottom