what are the laws on cycling in France...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domestique

Über Member
I have really enjoyed all my cycling in Northern Europe. I would be quite happy to ride on cycle paths if we had the same system.
I feel very let down when I make the effort and leave the car behind and take to two wheels at the way cyclists are treated in this country.

asterix

Comrade Member
I think it's just an attitude thing. As someone said, if you get passed impatiently and too close round here, it'll be a British reg car. Loads of cyclists out at le weekend almost always on good bikes and very often unhelmetted.

Alves

One reason "foreign drivers" overtake cyclists badly is because they are driving on the wrong side and fear that they cannot judge how much space their passenger side is into the other lane but feel they can drive closely to a cyclist because they can judge it better because the driver thinks he can see the cyclist better. This works for european drivers in the UK, I think. I have noticed this on some of our country roads in Scotland in the summer. That's my theory anyway for the reason for drivers to drive dangerously, not an excuse, just an explanation.

Top Bottom