What are they looking at?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
There's a certain type of cyclist - usually men with mountain bikes - who I meet on cycle paths. They are always looking down towards their suspension.

Naturally they're not looking where they're going. Sometimes they weave around as they approach me. Often there are two or more of them so at least one of them will be heading straight for me as I try to avoid a head on collision.

I don't mind slowing down and taking evasive action. I'm not in a hurry. But I'd love to know what they're looking at. Is there something about these bikes that you've constantly got to keep an eye on?

swede54

It's caused by the down force of the peak on their helmets. They just need another one at the back to keep their heads level.

Crosstrailer

There's a certain type of cyclist - usually men with mountain bikes - who I meet on cycle paths. They are always looking down towards their suspension.

Naturally they're not looking where they're going. Sometimes they weave around as they approach me. Often there are two or more of them so at least one of them will be heading straight for me as I try to avoid a head on collision.

I don't mind slowing down and taking evasive action. I'm not in a hurry. But I'd love to know what they're looking at. Is there something about these bikes that you've constantly got to keep an eye on?

Probably messing around with their suspension settings and using the highly accurate visual check to see how much suzzy bounce they are getting !!!!!

BLUE(UK)

Or they could be trying to avoid eye contact with anyone who looks ugly with 200yds. I've never found such people and I ride off Tarmac where possible.

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Or they could be trying to avoid eye contact with anyone who looks ugly with 200yds. I've never found such people and I ride off Tarmac where possible.

Yeah, I did wonder if it was because I'm so scary that they are frightened to look at me. You'd think they'd keep out of my way in that case!

defy-one

I get this from leisure riders as they think i'm a pro on defy one!!!!!
Ha ha ha ha ha me?

akb

Veteran
Its to make sure that my massive penis doesnt get caught in the spokes. Its happened before, and aint pretty I tell thee.
I guess not so much of an issue on a road bike.... ^_^

Top Bottom