what are we going to read now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm sorry, but I refuse to allow the decision to close the NotW to change my Sunday reading habits - I will continue to read the NotW as regularly as I have over the past 40 years!

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Seems like a good excuse to post one of Bruce Foxton's finest.

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTbPnOZYxl8[/media]

sheddy

Legendary Member
Read about the things that happen throughout the world
Don't believe in everything you see or hear
The neighbours talk day in day out about the goings on
They tell us what they want - they don't give an inch

Look at the pictures taken by the cameras they cannot lie
The truth is in what you see - not what you read
Little men tapping things out - points of view
Remember their views are not the gospel truth

Don't believe it all
Find out for yourself
Check before you spread
News of the world

Never doubt, Never ask, Never moan, Never search, Never find, Never know

Each morning our key to the world comes through the door
More than often its just a comic, not much more
Don't take it too serious - not many do
Read between the lines and you'll find the truth

Read all about it, read all about it - news of the world

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
couldn't care less! I can't stand Rubert Murdock or his son and try never to buy anything connected with him, which is why I refuse to have sky.

I wonder, to celebrate the paper's passing, whether I should ceremonially burn my yellow Skyride vest on Sunday! :laugh:

on a more serious note the demise of the notw has sparked panic buying of andrex
whistling.gif

Yes I was wondering when the first bogroll jokes would appear.
As it is, I wouldn't even use the NOTW.

This is depressing on many levels. Most obviously because the NotW was Britain's best - selling paper (best not to think about what that says about us as a nation) but also because it is so clearly an exercise in damage limitation which is designed to take the heat off until the fuss has died down. As indeed is Jeremy C**t's talk of deferring the decision on whether to allow Murdoch exclusive control of the Government's puppet strings UK media (or whatever) for three months. And the current NotW staff seem to me to be taking the rap for something which is the fault of Rebekah Brooks and Rupert Murdoch, whether they knew what was going on or not. (And does anyone believe they didn't?)It's depressing because these people obviously think all of us are stupid. Which, given the readership figures for this rag, is perhaps true.:sad:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Got it in one RT. Good summary.
Agreed. One of your finest RT.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
We were never allowed to bring any of the tabloids into the house because they would lead us to a life of depravity and debauchery.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1453990"]
The teenage(ish) Paul Weller!
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it was Bruce Foxton.

Radio 4 played two other songs with NoTW this morning, Polythene Pam by The Beatles and a song by The Smiths.

Bayerd

Über Member
Did the NotW really have that broad a readership?

It holds the record for the most read english language paper globaly apparently. I know when I was a paperboy 25+ years ago there were more NOTW in the bag than any other paper. I never grasped what the appeal was...

My own belief is that the brand was about to die anyway (for whatever reason) and this was the perfect opportunity as they can now blame the hackers for redundancies.......

Top Bottom