what are we going to read now

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Whatever pap comic arises in its place, possibly, and depressingly... people, forget celebrity and the need for 'news' that nobody else has. Rediscover the simple things in life, or we are all doomed!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Misspelt... could be a Christian newspaper called "The Son on Sunday"....published by San Pietro Press, based in a Roman backstreet.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
couldn't care less! I can't stand Rubert Murdock or his son and try never to buy anything connected with him, which is why I refuse to have sky.
Quite happy with Freeview.( and it's free!!)

TVC

It's just a cynical exercise in rebranding, dump the name that has been fatally damaged and carry on as was.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
It's just a cynical exercise in rebranding, dump the name that has been fatally damaged and carry on as was.

My thoughts exactly. Mad Murdoch has already put about the idea of "the Sun on Sunday". Same c**p, different name.

yello

What sickens me (and the whole bloody sorry saga is disgusting) is that (many of) those that were responsible for the dirty work will remain safe in their current jobs. The vast majority of those loosing their jobs had absolutely no idea of what was happening and are in no way responsible.

I also wonder if, with the sudden demise of the NoTW, they're will be anyone or anything left for any eventual punishment to be metered out to. How do you fine an non-existent paper?

Clever move huh? Pave the way for a new paper, retain your 'key' staff and avoid any punishment for the actions of the old paper. Frickin' disgusting.

OP
OP
rowan 46

rowan 46

Über Member
on a more serious note the demise of the notw has sparked panic buying of andrex
whistling.gif

Fiona N

Veteran
As a Guardian comment piece pointed out - there's a vast saving to be made closing a one day paper and extending a 6 day paper to seven days so it's not like News International will be crying over the loss of the NotW if they can extend the Sun to Sunday with fewer staff and overheads.

What annoys me is that the current staff aren't the ones who were the problem - everything seems to go back to Rebecca Wotsit's and Coulson's time at the head. And it looks like they're walking away scott-free. Again as the Guardian comment pointed out, there's no way a newspaper'd be publishing stories grubbed from people's phone messages without running them past editor and/or legal dept and News International's legal dept denies all knowledge (although that in itself isn't so significant I guess given the lies and omissions they've come up with so far).

Top Bottom