What are you all listening to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Excellent.. and one of the most under rated bands of the 80's IMO.

They always seem to be in the shadow of Styx, Journey, Reo and others of that ilk, and never got the recognition they deserved.

First saw them at Wembley Arena in support of AC/DC in 1982, then at Donnington in 1984. Then didn't see them again until 2003 at Wembley again for the Monsters of Rock tour, then 2014 in London....

Damn fine band.*

*Though be happy never to hear Summertime Girls ever again.

D

Deleted member 23692

Don't know why, but I never got to see them live. However they were a playlist staple for Dave Marshall's rock disco at the legendary Mortimer's Tavern in Nottingham, back in the day.

Many, many fond (drunken) memories!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

It's been an RJD week for me all week so far.
His first 4 solo albums back to back most days... over the top? You betchya!
Really into Dream Evil at the moment... Naked In The Rain is a top class song.

A couple of months ago I got round to getting the Live at Donnington 2 disc set... I was at both shows. :okay:
imvho, the greatest Hard Rock vocalist of all time.

D

Deleted member 23692

It's been an RJD week for me all week so far.
His first 4 solo albums back to back most days... over the top? You betchya!
Really into Dream Evil at the moment... Naked In The Rain is a top class song.

A couple of months ago I got round to getting the Live at Donnington 2 disc set... I was at both shows. :okay:
imvho, the greatest Hard Rock vocalist of all time.
I only ever got to see him with Sabs, on both the Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules tour. Neither impressed me at the time

This vid however shows that particular line up at the top of their game..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWSLMS_rt5M

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Instrumental version of Over gransen by Garmarna

D

Deleted member 23692

I am surprised you say that. I didn't see the H&H tour but did the MR tour. At Hammy. It was brilliant.
Probably the Venue

I was at the Bingley Hall in Stafford - cattle market by day, rock venue by night :smile:. the sound in that place was always had to mix correctly, and just as they were getting it right the dry ice machine blew frozen C02 chucks all over Vinnie Applesauce and the drum kit. The gig was stopped whilst he got his burns attended to and the crew mopped down the stage. They never really got back into the swing of things after the restart, and did a very short set. Understandably so, considering.

It was early January and the place was freezing, and the only way the crowd could keep warm was throwing plastic bottles at the support band... who I think were called the Starfighters. Never to be heard of them again after that night.

Heaven and Hell Tour - De Montfort in Leicester was the venue. on hindsight it was far better tha nthe above

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Probably the Venue

I was at the Bingley Hall in Stafford - cattle market by day, rock venue by night :smile:. the sound in that place was always had to mix correctly, and just as they were getting it right the dry ice machine blew frozen C02 chucks all over Vinnie Applesauce and the drum kit. The gig was stopped whilst he got his burns attended to and the crew mopped down the stage. They never really got back into the swing of things after the restart, and did a very short set. Understandably so, considering.

It was early January and the place was freezing, and the only way the crowd could keep warm was throwing plastic bottles at the support band... who I think were called the Starfighters. Never to be heard of them again after that night.

Heaven and Hell Tour - De Montfort in Leicester was the venue. on hindsight it was far better tha nthe above
Yep, SBH, not one of the best places for a gig. Just a bloody big barn.

Top Bottom