What are you all listening to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JPBoothy

Veteran
Face the music

ELO

Out of the blue next which is a truly great album

That was when owning a double album with the fantastic artwork was something to behold

That’s what that download rubbish has lost!
Definitely true. Especially if it was on coloured vinyl too.. I was so thrilled when I got a copy of Sweet Talkin Women on purple vinyl.. To be honest the whole chart thing is meaning less now it's based on downloads rather than over the counter sales. I bet not as many people sit in their bedroom listening to the Sunday night chart these days! Blimey, how old do I sound here :rofl:

Definitely true. Especially if it was on coloured vinyl too.. I was so thrilled when I got a copy of Sweet Talkin Women on purple vinyl.. To be honest the whole chart thing is meaning less now it's based on downloads rather than over the counter sales. I bet not as many people sit in their bedroom listening to the Sunday night chart these days! Blimey, how old do I sound here :rofl:

Coloured vinyl was and still
Is great!

Adam4868

Guru
Many a night,sunday actually sat by the radio pressing record for the songs i liked in top forty !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Talking of Out Of The Blue, it was the first album I ever bought. From Our Price in Croydon. Blue vinyl. I stll have it and it still gets played on the old death deck.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have On The Third day on clear vinyl. Eldorado on yellow. Face The Music on green. New World Record on red and Out Of The Blue on blue.

I was a bit of a collector of the band back in the day.

JPBoothy

Veteran
Absolutely spot on there

Although time is pretty good too
I don't want to risk offending fellow ELO die-hards but, am I the only one not too impressed with the latest offering 'Alone in the Universe' :headshake:

I tend to agree but, I thought '4 Little Diamonds' was a nice blast of the old Jeff Lynne.

It’s weird but when great bands split I think that they loose it for me even though they may have been the sole writer

I think of ELO and Dire Straits straight away and to some extent genesis but all three of them wrote the songs

But that’s just my opinion of where I see it. ELO were a sum of the parts, Richard Tandy, Beck Bevan etc

I think for me Jeff Lynn just doesn’t doing for me on his own and the same for mark knopfler.

Top Bottom