What are you all listening to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to laugh (politely) at my dad for listening to 'that rubbish',but now 19 years after he died i wish i could tell him i was so wrong.

You may have invented a new thread in its own right ^_^ "What was your Old Man listening to back then?"
Anything by Frank and Nelson Riddle in my case

View: https://youtu.be/lEfjQU4i5nk

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You may have invented a new thread in its own right ^_^ "What was your Old Man listening to back then?"
Anything by Frank and Nelson Riddle in my case

View: https://youtu.be/lEfjQU4i5nk

All the famous names from the era. He made countless cassette tapes,recorded off a Monday night program on BBC Radio 2 over many many years. I still have those tapes here,but wouldn't bother to play them as it's so easier to just type in a tune on you tube. Seriously though,i used to think it sounded all the same and was quite repetitive,but having listened to 'big band' sounds i now like it a lot! A lot of work went into making those sounds!:music:

I forgot to mention,he was in a big(ish) band in his youth. He was a drummer,but had to sell his drum kit to help finance his wedding to mum in 1956. He never replaced the kit,but did have some drumsticks where he'd tap out tunes(very skillfully as well) on things like paint tins in his shed.:smile:

Another thought. Me and brother bought him a ticket to see Buddy Rich at Preston's Guild Hall,in 1976. I still have the poster of the event somewhere in my flat. I'll try and dig it out and send a photo of it. How much was it to see probably the world's greatest drummer of the time you may ask. Three quid is all it cost back then!:ohmy:

Last edited:

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Dave's Picks 33 from my 1,000 CD Grateful Dead library made it back round to an active listen this evening.

Struth, Jerry on top of his game in 1977 was something to behold........4' 15" to 5' 30" is just too beautiful. :becool:

Last edited:

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
Not listening to them yet because they have only just arrived - two albums by Stevie Ray Vaughan! Getting two more next week too! :hyper:

Top Bottom