What are you all listening to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
This got to me via Gramatik and it's making bounce

Balkan Bump - Can U Hear It (Feat. Gift Of Gab & Deuce Eclipse)

Levo-Lon

Guru
Best of Ocean Colour Scene, forgot how much i liked these

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I've been listening to a lot of Sakamoto Ryuichi recently. He's an astonishingly productive musician of consistently good work, and for those of you who only know his soundtrack work (Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, The Last Emperor, The Sheltering Sky etc.) or Yellow Magic Orchestra, be prepared to discover almost 100 albums from the late 70s until now. He's like a Japanese Brian Eno. His recent ambient collaborations with Alva Noto and Christian Fennesz are really wonderful, and his last solo album, async is on the more challenging side, but he's produced all kinds of things from experimental through electronica to straight-up pop. For the uninitiated I'd start with 1990's Beauty.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've been listening to a lot of Sakamoto Ryuichi recently. He's an astonishingly productive musician of consistently good work, and for those of you who only know his soundtrack work (Merry Christmas Mr Lawrence, The Last Emperor, The Sheltering Sky etc.) or Yellow Magic Orchestra, be prepared to discover almost 100 albums from the late 70s until now. He's like a Japanese Brian Eno. His recent ambient collaborations with Alva Noto and Christian Fennesz are really wonderful, and his last solo album, async is on the more challenging side, but he's produced all kinds of things from experimental through electronica to straight-up pop. For the uninitiated I'd start with 1990's Beauty.
Have you come across this guy,

View: https://youtu.be/tGBONBtKoxs

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Tygers Of Pan Tang - Live Nottingham Rock City 1981

Tygers.jpg

This album takes me right back, as at the time being a raging 15 year old headbanger, The Tygers, on this 1981 tour was my very first gig. At the famous old Marquee Club Wardour Street in London. It brings back great memories.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Started with this having heard the 6music session this morning...

and I've now moved on to their "Channel the Spirits" album on Spotify

Top Bottom