What are you all listening to?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Today has played host to a Maiden bender; this album arguably being the highlight:

Up the Irons! :becool:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Now you're talking. I've had this in my head all day

View: https://youtu.be/MbQacTuvVsg

And now you've mentioned 7th Son this has replaced it

View: https://youtu.be/lQZz39hJbkw

Incidentally, this is the album that introduced me to Iron Maiden.

Nice ^_^

Number of the Beast was my first; bought for me as a kid by my good Christian nan :tongue:

I'm most familiar with the above, Seventh Son and Powerslave.. I missed the rest first time around but have been getting into other stuff from the same era; with Piece of Mind and Somewhere in Time being explored at the moment and I'm also liking Brave New World; I don't mind a lot of the stuff from the alternative lineups but IMO the classic Smith / Dickinson era(s) are the definitive Iron Maiden.

As I've got older I've really come to appreciate Dickinson's storytelling and interest historical / mythical themes - Maiden are a true national treasure :becool:

figbat

Slippery scientist
I have become somewhat obsessed with a band I used to listen to at university (some 30-ish years ago now). I’m now listening to their music whenever I get some time alone (in the car, in the bath etc). They weren’t prolific but really made an impression on me back then. I saw them play at our students’ union.

The band is River City People, their biggest hit was a cover of California Dreamin’. I was always a sucker for a strong female lead singer. I was amazed that, having rediscovered the album, when I listened to it after decades away I could still sing along to nearly every track and hit the percussion highlights.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Undercurrents, by Hammock. Last year, they decided to release an album, 1 track per month, and the track lengths average 20 minutes. So this album is 4 hours long! :eek: Hammock (in my opinion, anyway) were up to their usual high standard in this album, so it's a very pleasant 4 hours of music listening. :music:

hammock.jpg

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Mimi Page has produced film soundtracks, normal albums, and even computer game soundtracks, and these 2 tracks are from one of the last: Ancient Frontier.

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
A5678728-2CAE-4607-B7C2-A57F7FC90AE3.jpeg
4BDA5F9A-84F4-4BD5-930F-17349C4256EF.jpeg
B0D4D228-2FD4-48EE-8B8F-2D4FE23937B9.jpeg

A very under-rated album IMO. Finished in a hurry to get ready for a tour, that was arranged too early, and Larry Mullen, the drummer, was out of action for most of the recording due to a back operation.

Top Bottom