What are you paying for fuel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I wonder what price they are charging at Southwaite services on the M6 south of Carlisle. They were always verging on the high side to the point of taking the P, even compared to other motorway services. Last time I was down that way, they were about 20 pence per litre more than the normal going rate. Any time I saw some poor unsuspecting tourist filling up there, I was tempted to tell them that if they went another few miles north they could save a few quid by filling at junction 42 Golden Fleece services (they should have saved that name for Southwaite!) or better still, Tesco just off the motorway at junction 43. It's places like Southwaite that I hope are suffering severe hardship during this lack of demand for petrol :angry:.

gbb

Legendary Member
Just cycled past mine....99p Ltd for unleaded, must have dropped this morning.

Drago

Legendary Member
They're not making money from fuel products. Oil products, the base stocks to make plastics, fertilisers etc, haven't fared quite so badly. I've got 1500 sheets worth of Brent holdings bought at rock bottom, so I'm hoping it picks up eventually!

They're not making money from fuel products. Oil products, the base stocks to make plastics, fertilisers etc, haven't fared quite so badly. I've got 1500 sheets worth of Brent holdings bought at rock bottom, so I'm hoping it picks up eventually!
Oh it will, and for those companies that survive intact when things return to normal or at least normal'ish will make bank. Oil prices may top $100/boe again next year.

gbb

Legendary Member
I bought petrel for the first time in weeks this Monday, and converted from US/gal prices it was 47p a litre.
Last time we saw sub 50p a gallon, not litre, was circa 1975 or 6 :laugh:. I remember buying it, I'd just learned to drive.

Top Bottom