What are you paying for fuel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Topped the car up yesterday,not done this for a couple of weeks.

Said to the guy in the petrol station I always use , this new car seems to have a small tank.

He said petrol is 99p !! I hadn't noticed..diesel £1,04 Jet Station not cheap fuel with you points card

What ya paying in your area

gbb

Legendary Member
One of the normally cheapest in our area is my local, that's been £1.04 for petrol, £1.09 for diesel, its been that for maybe 3 weeks or more. I was waiting for a delivery to see the prices drop more. There was one the other day, prices are still the same. Although crude prices have dropped incredibly, obviously that hasn't generally filtered through to the pumps yet...if it ever does in a meaningful way.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Although crude prices have dropped incredibly, obviously that hasn't generally filtered through to the pumps yet...if it ever does in a meaningful way.
To be fair to the petroleum companies, HM Government takes 58 pence plus VAT, so 70 pence per litre is tax alone. That only leaves 30 pence per litre for the petrol companies. For that they need to find oil reserves, get it out the ground, transport it to the refinery, turn it into petrol, then transport it to the petrol station where we buy it. Try getting a litre of fizzy drink, or even bottled water, for 30 pence :okay:.

We are still just over a pound, I think about £1.05 locally for a litre of Esso's finest unleaded. There's a Morrisons 15 miles away, presumably 99p per litre there.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Wow - last time I looked it was about £1.11/litre at a petrol station; likely to be around 5p cheaper in the supermarkets I guess but I doubt it's breeched the pound mark round these parts.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Not filled up in months as my only mileage is a one week 2 mile trip Asda collection.

They said on the news a few weeks ago that crude oil prices went into the minuses ie. customers were being paid by oil companies to take it

vickster

Legendary Member
Paid £1.07 for super UL last night at Sainsbury’s . Normal UL was 99.9p (took pic for a friend). Petrol isn't especially cheap in SW London (Sainsbury’s usually cheapest)

Attachments

• 560BE6AB-AF18-4962-85E2-ADB4201C814C.jpeg
    560BE6AB-AF18-4962-85E2-ADB4201C814C.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0

Drago

Legendary Member
Me - nothing, I'm just not using any.

Mrs D - nothing. She charges her car at home and the solar takes care of that very well. All her motoring has been local, hasn't used the petrol engine at all in months.

gbb

Legendary Member
To be fair to the petroleum companies, HM Government takes 58 pence plus VAT, so 70 pence per litre is tax alone. That only leaves 30 pence per litre for the petrol companies. For that they need to find oil reserves, get it out the ground, transport it to the refinery, turn it into petrol, then transport it to the petrol station where we buy it. Try getting a litre of fizzy drink, or even bottled water, for 30 pence :okay:.

We are still just over a pound, I think about £1.05 locally for a litre of Esso's finest unleaded. There's a Morrisons 15 miles away, presumably 99p per litre there.
Tbf, I know that's right, companies still have to operate etc etc...and the price per litre analogy is something I've always done..try buying lots of liquids by the litre, petrol , vinegar, whatever...in reality petrol isnt expensive, it's the amount we have to spend on it every week that hurts

Drago

Legendary Member
The profit may be tiny, but the turnover is huge, absolutely massive. Hence the oil companies having profits in the billions despite such small margins.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think looking at statements I last bought petrol on the 24 Feb! £30...and I still had 90 odd miles on the counter. I doubt I'm doing more than 10-15 miles a week, just to the supermarket when not cycling/walking and to my parents to drop stuff off (about 4 miles each way, I've also cycled there the last couple of times)

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I filled up on 23rd March - the day lockdown was announced - and paid £1.139 a litre for unleaded.
Most of the supermarkets are now under a quid a litre, but I've still got almost a full tank. I think I've done 19 miles since then, and all of that was essential shopping trips.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
£1.05 here in supermarkets, or about £1.10 in independent garages like my closest Esso. I normally avoid them, but I topped up in the Esso last week as though I was P Diddy filling the Escalade. Zero fxxk's given.

giphy - 2020-05-14T131759.005.gif

Top Bottom