What bike £1500-£2000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamin100

Guru
Had permission from she who must be obeyed for a n+1 up to a maximum of £2000. Don't really want to spend that much so ideally the £1500 mark.

Looking for something with at least a 105 groupset if not better, lightweight in the region of 7kg. I have some zonda wheels which i will put on if the wheels that come with the bike are worse than those.

So any suggestions?

Yazzoo

What are you looking to do with the bike? Do you like a relaxed or more race-y position? Any particular styles caught your eye? (sloping top tubes seem to have a marmite effect on most people!)

Alu? CF? Titanium?

Edited to add: Is this n+1 to improve on some aspect of your current bike that you're not happy with?

vickster

Legendary Member
7kg is very light for a 105 bike. I think 8 more realistic and go on a little diet to lose a kg

The trek Emonda is a light bike, or some of the Rose or Canyon options.

Given you are in brum try to go to the bike show in late September at the NEC

AndyJ14

Surely anyone wanting an n+1 bike must already have n bikes and therefore a good idea what they want, brands they like and therefore already have made a short shopping list ? You know that by posting an open ended qustion here you'll just get many disperate different answers and opinions.

For my 2p - look at http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/ and you will find many models that fit your wishlist with many different spec's. You'll also gain some knowledge looking at the Canyon website. Finally many shops are having sales now to get rid of all the bikes they overproduced and couldn't shift at full price. So looking at all the major retailers will produce many bargains.

Good luck.

I know what you mean about having a light bike. However, I think at that price range Canyon or Rose will be the lightest. It would be great if there was a breakdown available showing, f+f, wheels, groupset of weight.

Boyfrom64

Veteran
I have just collected a Trek Emonda SL5 this week from Trek in Coventry having ridden an SL6 test bike last weekend. I am not sure that the bike will be down to the 7kg mark, but for me it is so much lighter than my Specialized Sector and I found it a really nice ride and a great deal easier to ride up hills.

@jamin100 the price point of the Emonda SL5 is right in the middle of your budget and I cannot praise highly enough the service which Chris at Trek Coventry gave me and my wife for that matter, when we brought her bike from their only a couple of weeks ago.

I realise that Trek bikes are not everyone's cup of tea, but the finish of the paint work is excellent. The SL5 comes with a full compliment of 105 components. The 2016 model comes in White; I looked at the 2015 model previously, but I could not live with a Lime Green paint scheme, and for what its worth when Cyling Weekly reviewed the bike, they gave it 10/10 http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/reviews/road-bikes/trek-emonda-sl5

AndyJ14

Hey BF64. Another member upgrading from a Secteur. Welcome to the club.

I loved mine, got me back into cycling, never had an issue / complaint, rock solid. I wasn't even entirely convinced that I'd notice any difference with the new bike. But boy oh boy I was thankfully very wrong to be sceptical. Hope you are enjoying the Trek !

Doyleyburger

Veteran
For £1500 I reckon you could get a bike with a weight of about 7.5kg and chances are, with you putting on the zonda's, you can reduce that weight by another 200g or so.
Giant tcr advanced 1 (ultegra 22speed):whistle:

Tin Pot

Guru
Had permission from she who must be obeyed for a n+1 up to a maximum of £2000. Don't really want to spend that much so ideally the £1500 mark.

Looking for something with at least a 105 groupset if not better, lightweight in the region of 7kg. I have some zonda wheels which i will put on if the wheels that come with the bike are worse than those.

So any suggestions?

cinelli-saetta-radical-plus-athena-2014-road-bike.jpg

Cinelli Saetta Radical Plus, Athena group set, Scirrocco wheels.

And an espresso.

Done.

OP
OP
jamin100

jamin100

Guru
Arhh . .sorry i totally forgot about this thread...

Like the look of the Merlin Cordite . . maybe.

However - Ive seen a Scott Addict 30 (105 11 speed) which is reduced from £1599 to £1350 Its around 7.75KG's with Shmano RS11 wheels which id swap out for the zondas..

Or the Scott solace which is even a bit cheaper

Last edited:
Top Bottom