What Bike computer do you use?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by sgtjiggy, 11 Aug 2012.

1. sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy Active Member

I once had a Sigma that displayed speed, cadence, distance and time. It was wireless which was nice. But I'm a tech junkie and now use my iPhone 4s with the Digifit app. I have the ANT case that syncs speed/cadence, distance and heart rate (when I wear the strap). It has worked flawlessly and I'm very happy. I will however be upgrading to the new iPhone (whatever it's going to be called) but this will make my ANT equipment useless if the port has changed.

Now that I have bored everyone to death my question is, has anyone used the new Wahoo Fitness Bluetooth cadence/speed and chest strap with the iPhone 4s? Im assuming this will work with the new iPhone.

Regards
    The sarge

Sent from iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

2. RAYMOND

RAYMOND Well-Known Member

Not got one asyet but might get the garmin edge 200.
    Can't do with paying more than the £100 it costs.

3. dave r

dave r Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner

I've got a very old Cateye, Velo 5 I think, thats given many years of service.

4. I've just got one, used it for the first time today and I am seriously impressed. Yes it's a bit basic as GPS units go, but I knew this already.

I loaded a route into it, rode out, and it worked beautifully.

Very impressed with the ease of it all. I have used other GPS units that have been a right hassle, but this is brilliant.

Don't forget as well, Garmin are giving £30 cash back at the moment too, so if you buy from Halfords, (I know, I know), for £105, the unit comes in at £75 with the rebate :thumbsup:

[EDIT] I always have my phone with me as well running Strava.

5. doctornige

doctornige Well-Known Member

I have the Edge 500. All great for capturing data, but for following a course, you kneed to exercise care. You are just following a line, with no side roads, so you need to look at the GPS and the lie of the land to see if there is a turn. Also, it loses the satellites a LOT. Trees are a particular problem for it.

6. OP
    OP
    sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy Active Member

I'll try and post a screen shot from the digifit program

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

7. OP
    OP
    sgtjiggy

sgtjiggy Active Member

44bde025-e163-787b.jpg
    44bde025-e170-2cb3.jpg
    44bde025-e17e-e9e4.jpg
    44bde025-e18f-6ee1.jpg
    44bde025-e19b-8c6a.jpg 44bde025-e1a5-7a54.jpg

Sent from iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

8. gaz

gaz Cycle Camera TV

I use a Garmin Edge 705.
    A dedicated GPS unit gives better GPS results than a mobile device. And it syncs with my ANT devices.
    It's also easy to move across from bike to bike, as I have multiple mounts.

9. defy-one

defy-one Guest

Garmin 200. Gives me my route. Speed. Average speed. Distance etc

smokeysmoo likes this.
  10. Finnjävel

Finnjävel Senior Member

I 've got the Edge200 as well. I was going to get the 500, but came to the conclusion that I rarely bother checking the heart rate during the ride, so the 200 does everything I need. I find it finds and keeps the satellites very nicely, and the routing is a nice feature as well. It would be nice to have an audible alert when a turn is approaching, but at least it beeps after I have missed it :smile:

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

smokeysmoo likes this.
  11. compo

compo Veteran

Wired Bikemate, a fiver from Aldi. Done a couple of thousand miles with it and it hasn't missed a beat. Has usual functions. Odo, trip distance, Maximum speed, average speed, Ride time, present time, temperature, calories, and Co2 saved. I suspect the last two may be open to interpretation but they give an idea.

12. captainhastings

captainhastings Über Member

Been using my 305 forerunner as I have it for running. I think it is due too die soon after about 3 years or more so will be replacing it with the 405 I think when the time comes

13. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

Sigma BC1609

14. apc

apc Senior Member

Ditto.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice