What bike mounted pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil-b

Über Member
After a house move I have lost my trusty bike pump.
It was bike mounted but acted like a track pump. It had a flip out foot rest to hold it down and then had a flexible tube with an inline pressure meter that connected to the tire and would reach any pressure required with relatively ease. I would buy the same again but I can not remember the make and model. It was quite a few years old so maybe there is something even better now.

What should I replace it with?

Last edited:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky

wisdom

Guru
Depends what your requirements are really(other than blowing tyres up)
I have a topeak race rocket for on the bike use.It is also small enough to fit in a jersey pocket.It will certainly reach pressures to get you home or carry on.Never had a problem at all with mine

OP
OP
phil-b

phil-b

Über Member
I will have a look at those suggestions.
I guess the morph was great as an all rounder but maybe slightly large as a pump to be carried. but if I get a mini pump I will have to buy something larger for use at home.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Many of the pocket pumps can get to 100 psi or so but your arms are liable to look like popeye before you get there , i have the road morph and its a fantastic bit of kit .It depends on whether your after a get me home pump or something that you can pump and forget , on the weekender i have the pocket rocket and it will get the tyre good enough to get home but i would need to top it up from a track pump at home .

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I had a look at one of these in the shop it is very small I wonder if it is tough to use?
deflated my rear tyre last night so I could test the little pump out. Performed very well !
Pumped up to approx 95psi with no trouble at all and a lot more to give. Then topped it up with the track pump of course

Top Bottom