What bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Badseld

Hi all and thank you for letting me join this group, I have a cannondale caad 3 and probably 13 years old, still a good bike and I've ride to Paris twice and done plenty of other rides, my daughter who is 19 now wants to ride to Paris, so I've managed to buy her an exact same bike as mine apart from the sprocket and caset are different, so need to change them for something easier to pedal, it also needs a service, now my question is should I spend money on doing this or should I try and find her a newish cheap bike, I actually still like my bike and its never given me any trouble.

OP
OP
B

Badseld

20180511_074916.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Does she like the bike gearing aside? Just change the cassette and rear mech if needed? A second hand xhainset needn’t cost too much.

Otherwise sell it and you could pick up a decent used roadbike for maybe £300-500. Perhaps something like a Giant Avail or Spesh Dolce if a wsd bike is preferred

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The age of a bike is totally irrelevant. It wouldn't matter if it was 50 years old so long as it fits the rider and is set up to do the job you want it for. A lot of modern stuff is flimsy plastic junk, go for good quality engineering design first and don't worry what year it was built in.

OP
OP
B

Badseld

Does she like the bike gearing aside? Just change the cassette and rear mech if needed? A second hand xhainset needn’t cost too much.

Otherwise sell it and you could pick up a decent used roadbike for maybe £300-500. Perhaps something like a Giant Avail or Spesh Dolce if a wsd bike is preferred
Thank you for the advice

Top Bottom