What bits padded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marooncat

I have just got a pair of paddied undies from Corinne Dennis which is the first "proper" cycling clothes I have. I was expecting more of them to be padded, it might just be the size of my bum (which is on the large side :biggrin:) but I feel the padding does not cover all the area's I expected it to. It does cover the "delicate" areas but nothing else.

Is this the norm with padding shorts etc or will these be different cause it is pants not shorts/longs?

I used to have a pair of padded knickers, they were pretty much like normal knickers with a fairly wide sanitary towel in them... :smile: the proper shorts have bigger pads (although never had any Corinne Dennis stuff, so can't comment on that)

OP
OP
M

marooncat

That is just how I would describe the ones I have.

I will drop an email to Corinne Dennis to find out if the shorts etc have more padding (I am limited to there for sizing :sad:)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Padding only needs to cover the soft areas of your body that are in contact with the saddle. Any more is superfluous material.

yoyo

Marooncat, I think you will find cycling shorts have wider padding than cycling knickers. I have a couple of pairs of cycling knickers that I never use but I find the shorts/ Skorts etc much more effective.

OP
OP
M

marooncat

Yeah it looks like in an attempt to "save" money by buying the knickers I have wasted it as just had this reply from Corinne Dennis...

The padding in the shorts is a different type altogether - in a soft, seamless, supple fleece like fabric. Overall it is probably slightly bigger, but being a different shape it is tricky to exactly compare the sizes.

Therefore guess what I am off to buy now!!! All I can say is thank goodness I can get stuff delivered to me at work and therefore what BF doesn't know about me buying does not harm him :biggrin:

Top Bottom