What Brakes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bugner

Looking to get a Hybrid with disc brakes. Do I go for hydraulic or mechanical. what benefits do you get from hydraulic, worried that the maintenance costs and efforts is a lot higher on the hydraulic and maybe not worth it?

Any advice welcomed.

Cheers

bonj2

hydraulic. They're much better as mechanicals only have one pad in each caliper that moves!
There simply isn't any maintenance costs and efforts, they hardly ever need bleeding if ever.
The benefits you get are that they're a much better feel, allowing you to better brake with one finger thus keeping more fingers on the bars, and to modulate your braking force more effectively by using muscle memory.

I personally recommend formula oro k18s. Mine were £130 a set off merlincycles, don't know if they're still doing them for that though.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Not really sure you would need Discs on a hybrid anyway....

reading your other thread as well, i would go for cable discs and a rigid fork.
Hydraulic discs and Suspension forks cost money. and to get decent quality versions would cost more than your budget.
There is no argument that Hydraulic are better than cable discs, but for your purposes i would go cable. Of course thats assuming you needs discs at all

Top Bottom