What causes more pain????????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Joe said:
I made the mistake (not for the first time!) of cabling my bike in my carpeted room.
There are now seemingly infinite strands of brake or gear cable sticking out of the floor which are invisible to the naked eye.
I've had to pull several out of my foot and even managed to stick one right up under my fingernail whilst picking something off the floor:ohmy:xx(
I solved the problem of loose cable strands by using a welder. I just 'buzz' the cable where I want to cut it and it cuts and welds the strands all in one action. I don't do it in my front room though.

Oh, plug. The pain lasts a lot longer and must be bigger as it has further to travel and still maintains its intensity.

Mr Pig

Sorest thing I've done was tearing my achilles tendon playing football. I thought I'd been shot! Off work for a month.

threefingerjoe

Über Member
I once stepped out on the back porch in the dark, to grab a few pieces of firewood. I was only going to be a minute. I didn't need to put on any shoes, did I? I felt the resistence of the sledgehammer that I kicked, and heard it skitter across the porch and down the steps, and even had time to think, "This is going to HURT!" before the pain finally made it up to my brain! lol

But, this is nothing, compared to a story I heard a man tell on the radio, once. He was an amputee, and said that when he bathed, he did what most men do who have a wooden leg. He would take off his leg in the bedroom, then, hop down the hall to the bathroom. One day, on his return trip, wearing only a towel, he discovered (too late) that his daughter had left a set of jacks on the floor in the hall!

nigelb

Lego every time for me.

Normally no lasting bruising, but the pain is enough to wake even me up.

Worse, the bricks are so small, and there are so many of them, that if there's one on the floor, there really could be at least one more, just lurking, waiting to jump out under your foot as you try to pad back upstairs quietly clutching a cup of tea, a glass of water, a favoured teddy, "blanket" and a book (because its going to be one of _those_ nights).

Nige

tyred

Legendary Member
A house I used to live in had a nice patio area. I remember walking out one glorious summer evening, bottle of beer in one hand, cigarette in the other. When I had finished my cigarette, I dropped it on the ground and stubbed it out with my foot - only to remember I wasn't wearing any shoes. That really hurt...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
The plug (in the dark) wins. But not as much as the chap (back in my nursing days) who got his Family Jewels caught in his trouser zip. And not just caught a little bit, we're talking the meshing of man and zip here... :biggrin:

Mr Pig

When I was a kid my dad stood on my Lego and was so mad he threw it all in the bin! After he went to bed my mum sneaked out and rescued it, although she didn't give it back to me for months.

tyred

Legendary Member
gary r said:
How about a sash window dropping down onto both thumbs! lost both thumb nails!

Had a similar incident getting out of the back of 3 door Fiesta. I had tipped the seat and put my hand on the door post to pull myself out when the girl who had just vacated the front seat forgot I was there and slammed the door.:evil:

Had black fingers and lost two nails:angry:

Top Bottom