What chance is there....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TWBNK

Of getting a hazard warning triangle back? I was taking the other half into work last night with the kids in the back and her bike in the boot (so she can cycle home) and as we were coming down a twisty road we came across a man in the road beckoning us to slow down as he had broken down just around a blind bend.

I stopped momentarily and passed him my hazard warning triangle out and explained I would be coming back the other way in about twenty minutes when I would leave him my phone number so he could sort out it's return.

I passed by on the way back,stopping briefly again as I had the kids in the car and I didn't much feel like getting rear ended myself, and gave him my phone number on a piece of paper.

So, I suppose the question is... would you go to the effort of returning it?
I wonder what the chances are of seeing it again?

You may be pleasantly surprised, although I doubt it! :angry:
But good on ya for your good deed; what goes around comes around! :biggrin:

there are some very honest people out there, i have lost my phone and wallet before, only to have someone phone my mum from it, get my address, and return both!!- and the wallet still had 20 quid in it...- i wasnt at hom when it was dropped off, but i woulda let them have the 20 for being so honest...

Night Train

Maker of Things
I think you could be pleasently surprised but I also think it might depend on how local he is and if returning it would take him out of his way.

My ex got a call from some young lad (yoof) saying he found a phone and sony mp4 player in an indoor ski slope and had phoned 'Mum' in the address book. She told him to go to reception to give them in and to wait there. She then phoned her son's girlfriend to tell her son to pick it all up. He didn't even know he had dropped them.
Nice honest lad, so he got rewarded for it.

OP
OP
TWBNK

TWBNK

Well, bloody hell, no sooner did I think about it and post this, the phone rang and the return of it has been sorted. It kind of reinforces my faith in people.

Although I must admit that I was kind of worried for a while.

I knocked my Topeak Phone bag off my handlebars when I clipped a fence and never noticed until I got home and went for my keys; they were in my bag :biggrin:. I was fortunate another cyclist found it and dialed my house with the phone inside; he offered to cycle the 10 miles or more to return it but my parents met him half way. I was locked out for a while but it was worth it to have my faith in humanity restored.

Keith Oates

Janner
A story like that restores some of the faith that others destroy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom