What could I possibly do in this situation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
TBH I am limited with the amount of videos that i can upload because of my broadband. I can only upload 40Mb a month which is about 10/15 minutes worth of video. If I go over that limit, then is costs me £5 per Mb.

Gaz, what broadband allows you to upload longer videos? The quantity is not what I want but the quality is. I seem to be wrestling to make the videos I do upload as short as possible.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
TBH I am limited with the amount of videos that i can upload because of my broadband. I can only upload 40Mb a month which is about 10/15 minutes worth of video. If I go over that limit, then is costs me £5 per Mb.

Gaz, what broadband allows you to upload longer videos? The quantity is not what I want but the quality is. I seem to be wrestling to make the videos I do upload as short as possible.
I have a 50mb fibre optic connection with some download limitations but no upload.
I also have an 8mb cable connection which is unlimited download.

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have a 50mb fibre optic connection with some download limitations but no upload.
I also have an 8mb cable connection which is unlimited download.
What would you suggest I get for a netbook? I am curently relying on the family's which I dont really want to have to do.

Hawk

Veteran

Are you using mobile broadband or something? I've not heard of any hard-wired home broadband or similar that has upload limits, at least not that small

OP
OP
Matthew_T

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Are you using mobile broadband or something? I've not heard of any hard-wired home broadband or similar that has upload limits, at least not that small
I use BT Homehub.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
And how much are you getting paid for the advertising?

Distasteful as I find advertising I'm not sure which direction this should be approached from. I suppose my ideal would be voluntary donations but I don't get the impression that works, or at least not fast enough for most.

I find it fascinating the way they try to force viewing of ads and wonder what research is directing them. Recordable TV is fantastic as ads can be zipped through, we even live pause a programme with ads and don't begin watching until we know we can miss them. Watching TV online then I just flick to another window until any ads are over. When I'm surfing I'm oblivious to what's charging round the side of the screen and Youtube I automatically click the little X to close popups, I honestly couldn't tell you the content of any of them. Spam filters work well on e-mails, we have call blockers on our landline and have signed up to a no cold calling policy in our neighbourhood. Oh and junk mail goes from the mat to the recycling bin. Thinking on it the only advertising that gets through to me is probably on the radio but that's very rare as I don't listen much and it's often the BBC anyway.

Whereas I don't mind advertising that I've signed up to, I'm on mailing lists for various things and receive catalogues and magazines. I enjoy reading new product reviews, equipment tests and just seeing the pretty pictures :biggrin: but on my own terms.

I've never been too convinced by the argument that accepts that we don't like what they're doing but they need to make a living and this is the only way. I just don't see that an activity that offends is ever going to be the way to a persons heart.

Top Bottom