What Cycle Computer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markc94

Hi all,

Recently have come into £180 of an Amazon voucher and thought I would treat myself to a cycling computer as I have been using a running watch for tracking my rides up until now.

The best value for money around that price point seems to be the Wahoo Elemnt Bolt which is around £200 on the web - but £245 on amazon!!

The garmin 520 is at a more competitive price on there but it seems to be a little bit worse of a unit.

There's also some decent computers from Lezyne and Polar.

Has anyone any experience as to what would be best?

It all depends on what you want from it?
What exactly do you want it for?

OP
OP
M

markc94

I'd be using it for navigation, Strava segments and hopefully - once the bank balance allows, for power meter and cadence meter compatibility!

tom73

Guru
Wahoo all the way then. Love mine work's like a dream turn on and go. If you can stench to it think about buying a bundle that way you have every thing in one save your money in long run. Only thing you don't get is a powermeter

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd be using it for navigation, Strava segments and hopefully - once the bank balance allows, for power meter and cadence meter compatibility!
Don’t think the 520 has proper mapping. That said I’m not massively keen on the mapping on the wahoo when doing on the fly (as opposed to pre planning). I don’t find it very intuitive and it’s less good than my old Garmin if you gonoff course

Top Bottom