What cycling computer should I get?

Which cycling computer is better?

• Wahoo ELEMNT Bolt

• Garmin Edge 520 Plus

• Other?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldShep

Über Member
Genuine Question: Why.aren’t Lezyne ever put forward for consideration?
Cheaper, better battery life, robust units with none of the problems I had with Garmins and that damned Garmin Connect tried my patience many times.

OP
OP
jordanbstopps

jordanbstopps

Look at the extensive DC Rainmaker reviews and see which suits you better?
This was really helpful thanks, seems the Garmin Edge Explore is the best option for me.

ms10

Regular
The Garmin 130 plus is pretty good. If you need a lot of navigation during your cycles then maybe you want a bigger screen with colour. However, if you just need to see your metrics then the 130 plus is more than enough

OP
OP
jordanbstopps

jordanbstopps

+1 for what @fossyant said :okay: The 520 is a good unit, but it's starting to show it's age a little bit, the edge explore is a much faster unit and has a touchscreen too which is nice.
I got
Garmin Explore. It's slightly more expensive (approx £180 maximum), but has a bigger screen. If you don't need power meter and training plans on it, that's the one to get. The screen is very easy to see on the bike.
I just got this one, Amazon doing a deal for two days so its only £149 :biggrin:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Wahoo every time. I've been running an Elemnt for four years and it hasn't missed a beat. I had a Garmin 810 for three years and it crashed on a regular basis. I wouldn't touch another Garmin device.

When I was concerned battery life on the Wahoo wasn't quite as good as expected I was sent a new one with no questions asked.

A Wahoo is quick and simple in everything it does, Garmins often require users to find a work around.

Touch screens on a bike can be iffy - touch the screen, hit a bump at the same time and suddenly one touch becomes multiple touches!

vickster

Legendary Member
Personally I don’t know anything about them, and I’ve never been convinced their lights are as good as suggested. Quite like the pump though (albeit barely used in anger)

nonowt

Über Member
Same thing with Lezyne I never understand why it’s never considered along with the two main players.
I been using a Lezyne Mega C for about 2 years and I'm very happy with it (it's my 1st bike GPS so I can't compare it to others). I use it for speed, distance, recording rides and occasionally mapping and navigation. The battery life is great and its fairly simple to use and links well to the phone.

I think the bike GPS market it's like PC (Garmin) V Mac (Wahoo) circa 2000, with Garmins as the staid default PC and Wahoo as the hip good looking upstart. The problem for Lezyne is that it's neither well known or desirable. I got mine not because I really wanted a Lezyne but because I was put off Garmins by the mixed reviews and bamboozled by the multiple versions and at the time Wahoo didn't offer mapping plus I couldn't justify the price of the either.

Top Bottom