What dads are for......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
+ you get to borrow it whenever you like...

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I worked part time when I was a student to run an old Beetle. My dad used to borrow my car when he worked early shifts 7 til 4 at weekends... The first I knew when he'd taken it was hearing it start up and drive away. Then I'd be without it all day while it sat in a car park 10miles away... I used to tell him I'd happily get up and take him to work but he did it to wind me up... it worked.

OP
OP
Dave 123

Dave 123

Legendary Member
Long legs skipped my generation, so the bike I too big for me!
I took him to the bank this morning, it appears his card is in a bad way as I still own half a bike!
It will be his by Monday.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My Dad gave me the 40 quid that I needed to make up the price of a horse that I wanted to buy. He did insist on 'owning' his 40 quids worth though. I said that he could have the hooves. He agreed that that was fair. 6 weeks later I went to see him about 'his' hooves as they needed shoeing. Bless him, he coughed up for new shoes for that horse, every 8 weeks for the 5 years that I owned the horse.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
My Dad gave me the 40 quid that I needed to make up the price of a horse that I wanted to buy. He did insist on 'owning' his 40 quids worth though. I said that he could have the hooves. He agreed that that was fair. 6 weeks later I went to see him about 'his' hooves as they needed shoeing. Bless him, he coughed up for new shoes for that horse, every 8 weeks for the 5 years that I owned the horse.
Chapeau!

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Im doing something wrong my dad used to borrow stuff off me and bring it back broken .
He wouldn't be related to my son-in law would he !
But this thread has made me realise how 'family orientated' cycling actually can be. I would guess a very high percentage of people will at some time or another, learn to ride a bike, so it is one of the very few pass times that the whole family could share.to some degree or another. Certainly my entire nuclear family have owned a bike at some stage, many still do, as well as the partners and children expanding into the group. Just never really occurred to me before ! A pass time for all.

Top Bottom