What did you get for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Nothing from anyone else but I treated myself to a Kindle Scribe…..not so much for being able to write on it, but for the larger screen for my ageing eyes.

Ha ! Watches, tablets and the size of the text on my phone all getting bigger over here too…..

Gwylan

Veteran
My wife got me some cycling shoes
a massive risk on her part as I have sensitive feet and anything too tight in the wrong places will cripple me
literally have me needing to walk with a stick for several weeks

but she took a risk and got some a size too big - in fact 2 sizes too big as I alway go one size up anyway
Tried them out today and they are great
much better to ride with than my normal trainers

no way I am brave enough to use the SPD (or whatever) hole in the bottom to find a better way to fall off - I don;t bounce so well nowadays!

Clearly great minds.

Nice pair of trainers suited to my cycling. I am used to using toe clips. ( That might generate some steam around here)

We treated ourselves to a few days in France too.

Look forward to the weather improving to get out on the bike.

Gwylan

Veteran
Yes, it's quite expensive but I figured that the value of the rejuvenated drill bits would be considerably more.

Anyway, I've hankered after one for years.

Nice.
One of the German shops did something similar, years ago. Lurks in the back the cupboard waiting for the need to arise. Or when I need to make a noise in the shed to avoid household chores.
Work quite well, after a bit of practice.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Socks with bikes on, from my friend who always buys me socks with bikes on, because I ask for them. I like socks with bikes on :smile:

Brothers from another mother…
image.jpg

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I didn't get a Dukla Prague away kit I did get a rather nice new torch and some licorice

We have a tradition where Mrs Dr B asks me what I want for Christmas and I reply “Dukla Prague away kit”. She then rolls her eyes and asks me what what I really want, whereupon I point to some object of desire - this year a six figure watch - and she tells me to **** off.

I got a cardigan.

Top Bottom