What did you get for Christmas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
Just a light hearted thread for those who celebrate Christmas.
What did you get for Christmas?
I got Lego, books and chocolate.
Sadly I've also gone down with COVID.
I am warm, well stocked up with food, books, films and Lego.
I've also got some time off work.
I am counting my blessings. I have everything l need, including a rather nice piece of salmon in the freezer.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I hope you’re not feeling too miserable.

This year’s haul included books (a mixture of fiction and military history), a lightweight down jacket, CDs, and a smashing pair of red corduroy trousers that might make it onto the Mens dress style thread one day. No cycling items this year but then I don’t really need anything at the moment.

OP
OP
Ratchet Cat

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
I'm feeling a lot better than I did on Christmas Eve, thanks for asking.
I managed to cook the dinner on Christmas day.
I have everything l need. It would have been nice to go out on the bike, but that is being put on hold for now.

I can still read about other people's rides on here.
Your presents sound good. You can't beat a good book at Christmas time.

My wife got me some cycling shoes
a massive risk on her part as I have sensitive feet and anything too tight in the wrong places will cripple me
literally have me needing to walk with a stick for several weeks

but she took a risk and got some a size too big - in fact 2 sizes too big as I alway go one size up anyway
Tried them out today and they are great
much better to ride with than my normal trainers

no way I am brave enough to use the SPD (or whatever) hole in the bottom to find a better way to fall off - I don;t bounce so well nowadays!

I am notoriously difficult to buy presents for as I tend to buy stuff that I want when I want it.

My family know that so this year I got chocolate covered coffee beans and some aniseed flavoured biscotti. Both appreciated as they know my tastes.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A friend who knows that I like a bottle or 10 of beer bought me this. Sometimes the simplest things are the best. I quite like it!:smile:

1672169842190.png

Fat. I just got fat ….
I did my body composition on one of those gym machines that uses electro magnetic waves and my body fat has gone up 2% while my muscle mass has dropped a 1% but my water % was 3% lower, I don’t know if that has skewed the results but I’ve literally accumulated fat from having a few drinks of beer.

Dryanuary and more exercise for my oval body type on its way.

As for my Christmas presents, this is the first year I haven’t had a single bike themed present!

Top Bottom