What do I do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

P.H

Über Member
The more riding you do, the more likely you'll be to get the right bike next time.
Compared to most other sport/leisure activities cycling is cheap. If you use them for transport as well as fun, bikes pay for themselves. I easily saved a grand a year by not getting the train to work, over the last decade that's bought a lot of bike bling:biggrin:

Dave5N

Über Member
Whose money will you spend?

Cubist

Still wavin'
3-IN-One said:
Thanks I never thought of it like that,Obvious really when you read it:blush:

I,m thinking of using the Hardtail for the rest of the year possibly with skinnys and then only using it for a Winter Bike. All being well hopefully using a new Racing bike[like the Allez] as a summer bike.

Or is that a bad Idea?

Sounds like a great idea to me. I do the same. Use a MTB hardtail for weekends off road, swap the tyres for slicks for the weekday commute, and am saving up for a Spesh Allez a friend of mine no longer uses.

Randochap

Senior hunter
Cubist said:
If you want to buy a roadie, then do it, but remember that mile for mile you won't be getting the same sort of exercise!

This is a veritable breakthrough in training philosophy! Next thing you know, the whole pro peloton will be seen out on £300 MTBs, training for the Tour de France! :thumbsup:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Randochap said:
This is a veritable breakthrough in training philosophy! Next thing you know, the whole pro peloton will be seen out on £300 MTBs, training for the Tour de France! ;)
Bugger that, get 'em out on raleigh shoppers with a seized sturmey Archer. That'll do it!

Top Bottom