What do people mean by..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When people post something on these forums they will often end the message something like:

"sent from my whatever using tapotalk 3" or something like that. Whats the reason for doing this?
What benefit is this info to others? Its an odd thing I noticed that Ive only seen on these forums.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It's an automated signature from your mobile or tablet, I think.
Sort of the handset advertising itself. I think you can turn it off, prob some folks leave it on as default.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
You can get apps for your phone that make it easier to browse and post on forums, but they tend to add that line to anything you post, like a little free advertising for their app. The comments like "sent from my bum" are people taking the pee out of the apps ;)

Edit: Pats getting too speedy ;)

jim55

Guru
its added auto by the phone ,when i send email from my iphone it tagged at the bottom with"sent from my iphone".its a manufacturer thing ,tapatalk is as far as im aware an app for this site when u acess it from a phone /mobile device ,its in no way added by the person making the post ,its basically an advert:thumbsup:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
he, he: I don't get a mobile signal when I'm at home, so I do not use it.
When I'm at work, I'm to busy working to use my mobile, anyhow can't see the touch screen if I don't put my glasses on .... too much hassle altogether fbooking or cchatting on the move :smile:

OP
OP
U

User16625

You can get apps for your phone that make it easier to browse and post on forums, but they tend to add that line to anything you post, like a little free advertising for their app. The comments like "sent from my bum" are people taking the pee out of the apps ;)

Edit: Pats getting too speedy ;)

I see that now. Was wondering why people would actually bother to type that.

Sent by Voyager 1 after alien interception.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I've switched off the brand advertising when possible, or have occasionally gently taken the Michael. But I change emails sent from my phone to say 'sent from mobile device' so recipients understand the reason for my brevity.

Top Bottom