What do these road markings mean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Returning from my ride this morning I noticed some blue markings in the back lane behind Pale Rider towers.

Any idea what they mean?

My guess is some utility work is planned.

The water and sewage runs along there, so it could be that.

Gas and electricity - as far as I know - enters the front of the building.

IMG_0039.JPG

stephec

Legendary Member
Made by the home owner.

This is my private parking space, even though it's public access no one can park here as it's right outside my house.

Levo-Lon

Guru
There's a hidden code in painted markings. Blue is water as you would expect. Looks like you're going to be dug up.

I'd go with that too unless you know for sure where the main is i.e. Where the stop taps are,front or rear?

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The water main is in the back lane - my stop cock is in my back yard.

So it does looks likely some works are on the way.

Better keep an eye on that, because depending on precisely where a hole is dug it may prevent access to my off-street parking space.

Wouldn't be so bad if I was out in the car at the time - I can always park elsewhere - but having my car stuck in its space for any length of time would mess up the day job.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's the DaPinchi Code. It means "Vulnerable old man with lots of nice bicycles, burgle at earliest opportunity."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rs-daub-walls-help-identify-easy-targets.html

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
You've obviously not met Pale Rider. Anything but vunerable, I wouldn't mess with him.

Ha-ha - well 'ard, me.

It's the DaPinchi Code. It means "Vulnerable old man with lots of nice bicycles, burgle at earliest opportunity."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rs-daub-walls-help-identify-easy-targets.html

Yes, but to be dug up you must first be buried. :smile:

First burgled, now buried - are you lot keen to see the back of me?

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
The water main is in the back lane - my stop cock is in my back yard.

So it does looks likely some works are on the way.

Better keep an eye on that, because depending on precisely where a hole is dug it may prevent access to my off-street parking space.

Wouldn't be so bad if I was out in the car at the time - I can always park elsewhere - but having my car stuck in its space for any length of time would mess up the day job.

Haven't you had a letter about it? I thought they were usually quite good about warning people in advance.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Do you live in an old house? The water authority may be planning to replace your old lead pipe with alkathene.

Top Bottom