What do you call..........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When I first bought a pair of cycle shoes a few years ago, you could either put a Look cleat on them or an SPD one, I chose SPD.

I then bought a better pair of shoes so removed the cleats from the bottom of the original pair so I could use them on a bike I have with flat pedals.

Now that I`ve started track cycling, I was going to convert that original pair into one with Look cleats. However, I can only do one shoe as I appear to have lost the little piece of metal within the shoe that lets you attach the three bolts of the cleat to the bottom of the shoe.

My question is, what is that little piece of metal called so I can look for it online - I can see all sorts of spd plates but that`s not what I need!

alicat

Legendary Member
All the cleats I have had have come with it. Perhaps buy a spare set of cleats and find out if Look are the same.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Sadly not. I bought a pair of Look cleats and nothing came with them to attach the cleat to the shoe unlike with SPD cleats. Bought them off Wiggle too - you get the cleats, the bolts and the little metal piece that sits in the cleat.

I know it`s a problem with the shoe as one shoe has the metal bit with the three attachment holes whilst the other one doesnt. I rarely throw things out either!

They normally come with the shoe. Could you get a shimano SPD to SPD SL converter plate from wiggle? The 3 bolt spacing is the same.

I think the part your missing is called a SPD-sl footplate

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Actually, I`ve just found what i`m looking for - a Look cleat adapter. Now, by the time I`ve bought those and the cleats, it would have been cheaper to get a new pair of shoes from Sports Direct! Maybe not the best kind of shoe but i only wanted something for the odd occasion when I use a track bike!

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Got a picture of the one you do have?

I have already attached the cleat to that shoe - it was just a small piece of thin metal with the holes in the appropriate place to attach Look cleats. I`m probably not explaining myself very well as I don`t have the technical knowledge!

Tim Hall

It's the one in the shoe, yes? A triangular version of this?
pds15-shimano-sh-a200-cleat-nut-psd_1.jpg

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
Yes, I think lol - I got the cleat to fit so whatever is in the shoe must be roughly triangular in shape. This is how the shoe originally came so you had the choice of cleat - I`ve just lost the bit inside the shoe and was wondering what it`s correct name was!

Attachments

• shoe.jpg
    shoe.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Top Bottom