What do you do for a living?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham O

Got my own company designing and manufacturing outdoor clothing. The most interesting bit is working with Polar expeditions. The most frustrating bit is that they never give enough time for us to equip them, so it's always last minute panics. But it's what we do and it's mostly fun.

Monkey Boy

Materials and Corrosion Engineer (Senior, like Fnaar!) with an oil and gas major. Get to travel all over the world telling people how to fix things.....Oh, you dont want to install one of those plasticicky thingumybobers...you need this metal dooberywotsit. Has it's moments when I'd love to shove a pick axe down someone's spinal colum, but generally I love it. I've held the opinion for several years now that 'if you don't like doing it, go and do somefink else'.....seems to have worked so far.

longers

Legendary Member
If pushed I would say "erm. . . . Prototyping Technician", if pushed again to explain what that means I normally say "erm . . . .we fanny about with silicon and plastic and stuff".

Sometimes a better explanation is forthcoming but it's unneccesary.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
longers said:
If pushed I would say "erm. . . . Prototyping Technician", if pushed again to explain what that means I normally say "erm . . . .we fanny about with silicon and plastic and stuff".

Sometimes a better explanation is forthcoming but it's unneccesary.

You make uPVC windows then?xx(

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I fettle mass spectrometers.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
International shipping manager mainly dealing with exports to the former Soviet Union

pinkkaz

Veteran
I work in a record company putting together compilations.

Brain-dead, badly paid, definitely not all it's cracked up to be.

So I'm leaving next year to do a PCGE. Woo!

PaulB

Legendary Member
I oil down the girls in a famous lap dancing bar. You might think it's glamourous but the money's not much cop. £220 a week. Hey, it's all I can afford.

Top Bottom