What do you guy's think of this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here it is.

Attachments

• 22082010331.jpg
    22082010331.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 398
  • 22082010332.jpg
    22082010332.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 403
  • 22082010334.jpg
    22082010334.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 215

Cyclist33

Make the pictures smaller so we can see them. (counter-intuitive I know.) Looks ok for 180 tho. What model and year is it? Good condition?
Stu

OP
OP
M
Erm.. . yeah i get you. I noticed that too but i have no idea how to. And tbh I dont really know because Its second hand and the paintwork is a bit scratched up but apart from that it rides beautifully. But then again im comparing it to the mountain bike i used to have.

Make the pictures smaller so we can see them. (counter-intuitive I know.) Looks ok for 180 tho. What model and year is it? Good condition?
Stu

Cyclist33

Giant TCR 1999. Seems like a good spec and altho it's not young, if it was well looked after it should be nice. At any rate you only spent 180 so you can tweak it as you go, if you want. Nice one!
Stu

OP
OP
M
Haha! Thanks Stu! I had no idea O_o yeah its really nice to ride. I think im addicted to cycling already. I feel cheated that i rode a mountain bike for so long on roads. Appreciate you checking what model it is, cheers.

Giant TCR 1999. Seems like a good spec and altho it's not young, if it was well looked after it should be nice. At any rate you only spent 180 so you can tweak it as you go, if you want. Nice one!
Stu

Cyclist33

You're welcome :-)

I got a road bike 4 years ago after cycling on road on a mountain bike for 4 years. I know just what you mean. Saying that, I just sold the road bike and my mountain bike and bought a posh mountain bike as I figured if I'm only gonna have one bike it should be able to go anywhere.

I love it. You can always add slick tires to a mountain bike and unless you want to road-race, it makes them go plenty quick enough.

Stu

OP
OP
M
Interesting thought. I never thought of that, but im just loving powering it down huge hills at the moment. Did a 40 mile ride as my second trip on it it seems to be pretty decent and its had new parts put on. Shimano 105 gearset, deore rear mech. something like that anyway, im not sure when it comes to bike parts yet. Just using it to get to work and for pleasure really but its scarely addictive buying cycling gear... ive already spent over the price of the bike just on my helmet, pump, inners, clothing e.t.c. :ohmy:

You're welcome :-)

I got a road bike 4 years ago after cycling on road on a mountain bike for 4 years. I know just what you mean. Saying that, I just sold the road bike and my mountain bike and bought a posh mountain bike as I figured if I'm only gonna have one bike it should be able to go anywhere.

I love it. You can always add slick tires to a mountain bike and unless you want to road-race, it makes them go plenty quick enough.

Stu

e-rider

crappy member
Not bad. It looks like someone has made a few component changes since new (and not for the better).

1. That Saddle looks like a womans specific saddle (perhaps you are a woman?).

2. The suspension seatpost needs to go - they are the worst things ever and very uncomfortable.

3. That adjustable handlebar stem also needs replacing

I'm sure all these three things were not on the bike when it was new and IMO shouldn't be on the bike now!

jay clock

Massive member
agreed re the suspension seat post. looks like a decent road bike to me overall. The gearing is high though, with a 42 inner ring by the looks of it. You may want to consider moving to a 53-39 or even a compact 50-34 to give more easy gears allowing you to spin/climb hills more easily

DaveyB1981

Haha! Thanks Stu! I had no idea O_o yeah its really nice to ride. I think im addicted to cycling already. I feel cheated that i rode a mountain bike for so long on roads. Appreciate you checking what model it is, cheers.

+1 on that! Had a blast (offroad) on the MTB the other night and loved it! Seems i was selling short both experiences.

Dave

OP
OP
M
I am male haha, and yeah i totally agree with everything you said. :smile: You are definately right, the suspension seatpost- wtf lol? and yeah im just looking at buying a new saddle asap as these have been put on afterwards.
Thanks for your advice,
Dylan

Not bad. It looks like someone has made a few component changes since new (and not for the better).

1. That Saddle looks like a womans specific saddle (perhaps you are a woman?).

2. The suspension seatpost needs to go - they are the worst things ever and very uncomfortable.

3. That adjustable handlebar stem also needs replacing

I'm sure all these three things were not on the bike when it was new and IMO shouldn't be on the bike now!

Top Bottom