What do you hope to leave as your legacy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
buildings. Some of which I'm proud of, and some of which are really very dull. So, if St. Pete asks, I intend to be a bit selective.

smile.gif

Arch

Married to Night Train
If my nephews can say I was a cool auntie, that'll do for me. It's about the best I'll manage anyway, there won't be any thing valuable in monetary terms, unless my premium bond comes up.

pepecat

Hopefully some useful contribution to knowledge in the form of my PhD (and other articles etc afterwards), but it might all just be seen as irrelevant wiffle.
In which case.....happy memories for my other half.

I'll get you some toast for all that cheese........

Night Train

Maker of Things
Having recently signed-up for multiple insurance policies to cover death, funeral costs, morgate, etc. (all at the wife's insistence)
:eek:

:stop: Check your bike really carefully before setting off on your next ride!

Currently I would imagine that my legacy would be my sucessful students and my projects.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It's been said already. I don't care if no-one remembers me personally. I only care that my son, and any students who I have affected in a good way, go on to be good people and do useful and beautiful things. I also hope my garden eventually shows people just by being what it is that there is a better way.

Not having any kids my legacy is my academic work, the impact I've had on students, colleagues, policymakers etc, the charitable company I have set up with others in the interests of my academic field, the lasting and sincere friendships I have been part of, and the things I have achieved through cycling and gardening.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I always like the Woody Allen gag where he said something like that he'd like to achieve immortality not through his work but by living for ever.

yello

My lord... it's beginning to sound like a personal obit thread! I'm getting all misty eyed!!

I like that Woody Allen quote, it makes me chuckle, though I thought it was phrased more in the negative... something like achieving immortality by not dying. Same difference I know but I seem to remember it that way. It's the 'not' bit that's partially responsible for my smile!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My lord... it's beginning to sound like a personal obit thread! I'm getting all misty eyed!!

I like that Woody Allen quote, it makes me chuckle, though I thought it was phrased more in the negative... something like achieving immortality by not dying. Same difference I know but I seem to remember it that way. It's the 'not' bit that's partially responsible for my smile!

I think you may be right Yello!

Top Bottom