What do you hope to leave as your legacy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Krypton

Having recently signed-up for multiple insurance policies to cover death, funeral costs, morgate, etc. (all at the wife's insistence) and setting up two saving schemes for our youngest (one short-term; car, Uni - one long-term: house, grandkids, etc.) I'm now worth more to my family dead than alive.

Which got me onto thinking about my legacy if I manage to live to a ripe old age and not cash-in on all this cover.

I suppose by then I hope to have paid off the mortgage and our house will become the legacy. We don't have any family heirlooms to speak of, there's no shop where I can put "& son" on the sign, and I'm not on enough of a salary to leave a sizeable nest-egg.

Do you have something you will be leaving as a legacy to your loved ones?

Krypton, surely your legacy is the passing on of your DNA through your children. :thumbsup:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I passed something in the bog this morning but for some reason no-one wants to keep it ! :wacko:

Kids definatly,hope they do me proud...i've got four so there is a good chance one will do alright :biggrin:

yello

I haven’t got any love ones, so being in sound mind I spent the lot :laugh:

Yep, me 'n'all.

If only I knew my exact moment of death, I'd calculate spending my last euro seconds before that hgv squished me flat :laugh:

Or are we talking more than a monetary legacy here? On that score, I don't give a sh*t to be perfectly frank... I'll be dead!

A set of happy well adjusted children.

2wd1sg4.jpg

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
buildings. Some of which I'm proud of, and some of which are really very dull. So, if St. Pete asks, I intend to be a bit selective.

Crankarm

Guru
Having recently signed-up for multiple insurance policies to cover death, funeral costs, morgate, etc. (all at the wife's insistence) and setting up two saving schemes for our youngest (one short-term; car, Uni - one long-term: house, grandkids, etc.) I'm now worth more to my family dead than alive.

Which got me onto thinking about my legacy if I manage to live to a ripe old age and not cash-in on all this cover.

I suppose by then I hope to have paid off the mortgage and our house will become the legacy. We don't have any family heirlooms to speak of, there's no shop where I can put "& son" on the sign, and I'm not on enough of a salary to leave a sizeable nest-egg.

Do you have something you will be leaving as a legacy to your loved ones?

Your bike?

Be worried if your wife made you take out these insurances/assurances. Has she taken out reciprocal insurances in the event she dies?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The kids can have the rabbit hutch I built last week. At the rate Slasher Osborne's going they may have to live in the ****ing thing.

Top Bottom