What do you think about this bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gazjacko

Looks great, but it’s a big frame, looking like you need to be longer in the leg than average to accommodate

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@LemonJuice they are great to ride BUT for whatever reason you get a lot of those early Giant peletons with seized seat post's so check that before handing over £ notes .

Mind you i think it's a bit expensive but looks in good condition

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I used to have one in the mid 90s, it was decent... I sold it for less than a hundred in about 98, I feel his buy it now price is erm, optimistic. It's nice and clean so worth a punt around the opening bid but it's not particularly special.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Its already been up at the end of last month and failed to sell. I would be looking to get that under £100, but it might take a few more failed auctions for them to realise this. Perhaps they have had it unused for a while and hoping somebody badly needs a bike and are willing to pay over the odds.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nice bike and looks in good nick. Very overpriced but that’s seems to be par for the course right now but still a good buy, better if you can knock fifty notes off the BIN.

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

Do you think I should bid on it or send him a message and ask him if he would take £150 for it?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Give it a go, he can only say no. If you’re after a vintage bike from that period you’ll find it hard to get one in better nick. What could you buy new for that money, if you could find anything to buy at all.

RoadRider400

Some bloke that likes cycling alone
Do you think I should bid on it or send him a message and ask him if he would take £150 for it?
Why do that when it was previously listed and closed last Friday with no bidders? I cannot imagine that over the weekend there has been a surge in Ebayers on the look out for a 30 year old bike. If you go in at £150 they will probably come back with £180.

OP
OP
L

LemonJuice

Why do that when it was previously listed and closed last Friday with no bidders? I cannot imagine that over the weekend there has been a surge in Ebayers on the look out for a 30 year old bike. If you go in at £150 they will probably come back with £180.

But, I’ve never seen a bike that old in such immaculate condition and because of what is happening at the moment the prices of bikes have been going up quite a bit. Some people can’t even get repairs done on their bikes at local bike shops.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Work out what the maximum you'd be willing to pay is and take a punt at (say) £20-25 less than that. If they say yes then you are happy.

If they say get lost and demand more than you are willing to pay then forget about it and move on.

If they make a counter-offer which is more than you are willing to pay, make a counter-counter offer of your maximum and tell them to take it or leave it.

AndyRM

XOXO
I reckon take a punt at £150. The seller can only say no.

I do think it's slightly over-priced, I'd probably pay around £180, but I wouldn't feel hard done by if they stuck to the £200 they're after - it does look in great nick after all.

Top Bottom