What do you think(new Sky Kit)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zakalwe

Looks like its s bit different to the old pro jersey which had 3 different fabrics, this one just says polyester with 9% elastane and alludes to some mesh side panels. 65 quid looks like a high premium for some bonded seams, Coldblack treatment and 9% elastane over the replica.

tigger

Über Member
I think it's grown on me a little now.I'm not one for wearing team replica gear, but the replica and supporter jerseys seemed fairly priced compared to other teams and manufacturers too?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Ah, I was wondering why one of the kits looked Norwegian. It is Norwegian!
Edvald Boasson Hagen in his Norwegian national champion's kit
1357294779499-afxganlqab33-670-75.jpg

doctornige

Hmm. Not so sure. Cycling tops have to perform in a way that footy ones don't. Also the fan base is an order of magnitude smaller. The replica ones look OK and are priced accordingly.

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

Also the fan base is an order of magnitude smaller. The replica ones look OK and are priced accordingly.
Isnt the buisiness way of thinking, when you start out keep the prices down possibly to attract new fans etc, ie lower league teams charge less than the likes of Man Utd.

doctornige

Isnt the buisiness way of thinking, when you start out keep the prices down possibly to attract new fans etc, ie lower league teams charge less than the likes of Man Utd.

Mmmmm ... Not sure what the man priorities of Sky are, but I would hazard that winning the race is pretty much the top of the list. These days that requires pretty technical gear.

If you look a t another sport with high costs and a small fan base, then I give you America's Cup yacht sailing. I would bet that those dudes wear he best wet weather gear in the world, but they don't expect every man and his dog to buy it. I rather think that Sky is in the same boat, so they marketed the pro range for the millionaire Bianchi riders in Cheshire, and the replica range for the fans. I personally think that this is a reasonable thing to do.

Like it!!
But I think little bit expensive!!!!!

Chris.IOW

If you look a t another sport with high costs and a small fan base, then I give you America's Cup yacht sailing. I would bet that those dudes wear he best wet weather gear in the world, but they don't expect every man and his dog to buy it.

Come for a wander round Cowes, every shop has BMW Oracle, Alinghi or some other Americas Cup team sailing gear in the window...I will accept we may not have a Normal town's high street though!

I think I prefer the old kit, I liked the Blue Band on the chest and the white back with the blue line, this one looks a bit Plain to me. Hope they have a mesh back version to keep the riders cool for those warm July days racing round the Alps!!

Top Bottom