What do you think of this Bianchi that I may buy on Friday ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I quite like the look of the Bianchi.

What were your issues with the Rose? I have never had a problem with them or their product?

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
The issue with the bike was my fault, it's the subject of a different thread but I didn't like the UD matte finish, my fault for not researching enough before hand. My issue now is they are messing about with my refunds, despite two emails saying they had refunded it to my card, one last Friday, one this Monday, they are now asking for an IBAN number presumably for a bank transfer.
Despite all this I still really like the bikes and think my experience is a one off. As a comparison a similar spec bike is nearly £1000 cheaper with Rose.

Bianchis are nice and the mix of bits wouldn't bother me,it's all good stuff.It's not a total bargain but fair enough considering the components,usually don't get Dura-Ace on many bikes around that price(not including stuff on sale) it's usually ultegra.

As an example here's a Secialized Roubaix on offer at £2000 with ultegra;

http://www.leisurewheels.co.uk/m10b3s6p10224/SPECIALIZED-Roubaix-Comp-2013/RS_GB/36077

A lapierre at £2,500 with ultegra;

http://www.wheelies.co.uk/p75418/Lapierre-Xelius-EFI-400-CP-2015-Road-Bike.aspx

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm impressed with a cheaper Bianchi (first road bike) I've seen recently and the one you link all sounds reasonable (yes, Specialized do a cheaper bike with ultegra, but I don't drive a Ford either and there's geometry which may differ, so this isn't just spec list top trumps) but the key test will be to ride it and see how it feels.

Oh and I think it should have more celeste :laugh:

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I like the look of that Bianchi, while not being a Bianchi fan as such.

The mix of group set is obviously in order to hit a set price point & I imagine that the shifters & front & rear mech are the most important factors.

It would be nice if it had the DA chain set but maybe you could upgrade later on, after fair use of the FSA.

Brakes, cassette & chain are all fine & dandy.

The only consideration worth a jot really is yours, after a test ride, does it feel great, does it fit & if it makes you smile, then get the deal done.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
this ^^^ (even if it is black :whistle: )
Just picked up Genesis catalogue while collecting some overshoes, while mourning the loss of the burnt orange they now have a lovely green Equilibrium :thumbsup:

bpsmith

Veteran
My Bianchi has an FSA crankset, with otherwise Ultegra groupset. It's not always down to price. Mine has the FSA as the Ultegra allegedly doesn't fit with my bottom bracket setup.

shadow master

After my disaster with the Rose bike I ordered and had to send back (which I still waiting a refund for incidentally) I have been searching for hours and I must just about know every bike on the Internet. Anyway today I saw a Bianchi advertised online which I liked the look of. I went to my local dealer to have a look at it, but didn't really like the shiny finish.

Next to it though was a Bianchi Intenso 2015 Dura Ace mix, it's a standard offering this year from Bianchi, in my opinion it is beautiful but the only thing putting me off is its made up of 4 different parts. It has Dura Ace shifters and derailleurs, Ultegra brakes, FSA chainset and 105 chain and cassette. Been offered it at £250 off RRP so it's £2250. Very light and decent enough wheels. Views on the bike and the kit appreciated, weather permitting going for a test ride on Friday.
Never even looked at Bianchi before today, don't know why.

View attachment 78197
Looks OK to me,bit stealth,not much of the hideous Celeste!,the shimano 3 group mix is becoming common now as there are more 11sp group sets than anything else!although I don't rate the FSA crank they flex too much....even with £250 still a bit pricey

Top Bottom